“Old time ambiance”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 10 October 2013

The Colonial Kitchen is an old fashioned coffee shop, great place for a quiet breakfast. Food is good, we can always count on a good, hearty, well -prepared meal.

This place is much larger inside than it looks. We've only ever had breakfast here, but the lunch & dinner menu looks good...there are always cars in the parking lot at those times.

Reviewed 8 February 2013

We came to Colonial Kitchen tonight because after having drinks at Northwoods and it was so cotton picking cold there we wanted somewhere that didn't keep the dining room at sub zero.

We used to come here a lot as my husband really liked their breakfast. I usually would have the fried chicken which has a really good crust with a touch of sweet maple syrup, very good, and very good country gravy on their mashed potatoes.

This is one of the few places that give u both soup and salad, and the soup is home made, no canned soup here. I also love the fact that they give corn for a veggie rather than that half cooked broccoli/cauliflower/carrot mix.

They have a board with a number of specials. Tonight we had Roast Beef on noodles, it was very good.

The review always asks if it is a romantic place,.....well not really, but it is clean, well lit, and service is very good.

Sylvia is our favorite waitress here and this is basically a ""mature"" restaurant and tonight we were happy to see so many customers as sometimes it is nearly empty and I would hate to see this good restaurant close. It is a very nice place with a lot of regulars that u can see each week, all greeted very nicely by the staff.

If you enjoy, good American food, then you will enjoy this.

1  Thank Ella O
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Amidst the wide streetscapes that adorn the upscale neighborhood of San Marino, you will find the Colonial Kitchen - a throwback kind of establishment that one might think is out of place in an area like this. Be that as it may, my wife, my sister, and I had a Sunday brunch here in February 2012 and enjoyed it very much.

We stepped inside the bustling bistro late on a Sunday morning and were seated right away. I was very impressed with the service here. The waitress and other wait staff made regular visits and our water glasses and coffee cups were never empty (never even close to being empty, to be honest).

I opted for the eggs benedict and my wife had a Denver omelet. The eggs on my platter were perfectly poached, however, the sauce was a little salty. Good thing they kept my water glass full! The hash browns were very good. Wife gave a positive report on her omelet.

We can vouch for the fact that you will get a good breakfast here. I hope to return someday for dinner!

Reviewed 5 December 2008

San Marino is a very wealthy suburb of LA; this place has lots of apparent empty nester regulars; wait staff often remembers people, including us, who visit from out of state twice a year. I am not a connoisseur of food; I like hearty, simple faire, good, cordial service, and this place is our favorite breakfast place; but it is also busy at lunch and dinner. Our four-year-old grandgirl is comrfortable there, and the staff is comfortable with her as they are with other children as well.

1  Thank HondaDriver007
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 17 October 2008

Kitschy breakfast place. Only go for breakfast, get simple eggs/bacon stuff. I'd expect other meals to be salty. But I love the atmosphere, L.A. doesn't have too many places like this anymore.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook