“Blue Ribbon BBQ”

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 11 July 2013

We have come here a few times and we enjoy the food and beer. I am a big fan of Big Poppa Smokers and heard recently that BJ's was using some of BPS recipes for there Blue Ribbon BBQ. Big Poppa won the Royal Oak last year, so good BBQ was to be expected.

We decided to try the Blue Ribbon BBQ combo plate for 2. The Baby Back Ribs and 1/2 chicken with the SWEET MONEY CHAMPIONSHIP rub were awesome. The ribs were a bit dry, but the chicken was super moist and flavorful. That rub really is Money. Had anohter helping of the Fries with Jallelujah Seasoned Jalapeno Salt, WOW! The cole slaw also looked like it was hand chopped. Nice touch.

We will be back!

Reviewed 9 July 2013

Not a bad bar with a fine selection of beers, a good menu, and all fairly priced. Visited on a Monday evening, it was fairly busy.

Reviewed 21 May 2013

Massive chain restaurant so don't expect fine cuisine but I ate here twice as was eating alone and the service was fast & efficient & the food was good for what it was. It was also pretty reasonably priced. And the root beer really is great - that's what clinched the second visit for me!

Reviewed 17 May 2013

Food was really good and the beer selection was great. Great atmosphere to watch sporting events in.

Reviewed 6 May 2013

There not being too many restaurants in Foster City, I have eaten at BJs twice in the last week. The beer is very good. I liked the Blonde.
The food is okay - typical bar fare.
The service is awful. We had to wait for a table even though there were plenty that were empty. We waited about 2 hours for our food with the waitress not coming during that time. When we finally flagged her down she blamed the kitchen. I guess she couldn't have stopped by to see how it was.
It took us 3 and a half hours to have dinner. All they would do is comp us dessert. We just wanted out of there and skipped it.
I would recommend sitting at the bar. At least you'll get your drinks quickly.