“Wish I'd stayed for the food!”
Review of Attic

Attic
Reserve with OpenTable
Attic is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #127 of 416 Restaurants in San Mateo
Price range: US$29 - US$31
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 3rd Avenue
Transit: SamTrans, Caltrain
Reviewed 10 April 2012

We popped in here for a glass of wine, and I really wish we'd stayed! The happy hour 5 dollar glass of Cabernet was very tasty. The bar was more of a take away counter, with tall tables and a long bar table...no service other than to bring over ordered snacks. This made the place extra chill and really friendly. I love this style of service, because the long bar too seats people on either side, to promote conversation.

The downstairs had some really scrumptious smells going on....calamari, different types of wings, other great snacks for sharing.

The upstairs as beautifully decorated and very cozy.

I'll definitely return on my next visit!

Reviewed 19 December 2011

Great food, great service. Try the Garlic Noodles with or without crabmeat. Also, the Korean BBQ Lettuce wraps. I've been back for everything on the menu. Home-style high-end Pan-Asian food.

Reviewed 31 October 2011

I have walked by this restaurant many times before actually trying it. Finally someone who has good taste in food told me it was great, so I tried it. To access the restaurant one must walk through a downstairs bar area and then up some stairs to the second floor. Once upstairs, the host greets you and asked if you have reservations even if the place is empty!
The restaurant is nicely decorated with kind of an Asian theme. The best part about the place is the food which is kind of Asian themed small and larger plates of tapas. We had the lumpia (small and not as tasty as many lumpia that I have tried), the noodles with crab and the beef dishes. The noodles and beef were great! They also offer great wines by the glass. The service was attentive. This is a fun place to meet friends after work.