Overall it wasn't a good experience. The bedspread was dirty-large food stain or something(?) on the inside of it. I was going to report it,but we just took it off and put it in the corner. Kitchen had dead ants stuck to the counter and wan't clean. Floor in kitchen/bathroom was sticky/dirty so much that when you walked on it in bare feet, our feet kept getting black--and when we got in shower/tub the black would leave big black stains on tub bottom. Couldn't really wash feet in tub as it was such a slick bottom that we always afraid we'd fall down in shower or getting in and out--no traction or shower mat. Towels were worn paper thin and very scratchy and unpleasant. Internet seems to be bad connection-went in and out. The guy who checked us in (Dan) was VERY nice and efficient, but the next morning the girl in the lobby--not so much! We went there for coffee and I put some into my cup to taste and it was stone cold. I mentioned it was cold and she gave me a very dirty look and said, "I JUST made it." So I moved on to the other carafe and it was fine! I usually stay at Hiltons, so I wasn't expecting this place to be equivalent quality, but this was a pretty sub standard experience!
I stayed there because I had a conference to attend that was close, plus my husband and I like to cook our own food since we are all organic. We don't expect fancy, but we do expect clean and helpful. My husband had stayed at a ESA in Fresno a year ago for a moth on a new job and it was fine. As we aren't really complainers, we tried to make the most of our three days, but in retrospect, I do feel I overpaid for the quality we received and now wish I'd stayed at the Crowne Plaza where the seminar was (for only $50 more a night!). I will probably think twice about staying at ESA again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cash is accepted as a form of payment for those guests paying by a weekly or monthly rate. A valid credit card must be kept on file for incidentals. Cash is not accepted as a method of payment for guests paying the daily rate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Extended Stay, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Extended Stay America - San Francisco - San Mateo - SFO reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homestead San Mateo
- Homestead Suites San Mateo
- San Mateo Homestead Suites