“Nice, Convenient”

Best Western Coyote Point Inn
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in San Mateo
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Nice place, convenient to SFO and San Mateo. Price seemed high to me but was less than other hotels in the area. Parking is good, inside and out. Breakfast was the usual, not so good but filling. I will stay here again. Rooms are satisfactory. WiFi good. Exercise room and hot tub looked good, but I didn't bring suitable clothing. I will next time. This is the third time we've stayed here.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Enjoyed our stay at this hotel. Especially good that we were able to pay reasonable rates and just take BART into the city. Couldn't have been more convenient. Breakfast was normal hotel fare.........filled us up so we could start our day well fortified. Very clean, pleasant staff, loved the hot tub after long days of visiting the sights in San Francisco.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

The location was excellent for our purposes and the hotel was clean and staffed with friendly, helpful people. While it was located close to the highway we did not hear it at all. There was lots of parking space. Overall, a very pleasant experience.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Gordon Z
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We went in a two-weeks trip driving through California. When visiting San Francisco we chose this hotel to sleep in for 3 nights due to the good balance between price, quality and closeness to SF (half hour driving on the freeway from the hotel to the SF piers & touristic area, but we did save money this way ...) . The hotel is good: clean rooms, good breakfast, free underground parking, free internet. I would certainly stay at this hotel if coming back.

1  Thank Rodica C
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Best western has a very good reputation so I didn't hesitate to book in this hotel. I always had a good experience but not this one. We checked it and late at night I noticed that our air condition was not working properly. It doesn't really get cold or comfortable but my sister and I were just too tired and exhausted that we just sweat it out and WE didn't have any strength to call the front desk and complain. However, I called as soon as I got up and the receptionist seem unsympathetic. She was not rude but she had a tone that she really didn't care. Upon check out I asked them if we can get a discount on the room since the aircon was not working properly she flat out said NO. I asked for the manager and I had to wait for some time. That request seemed impossible since he was not around and the staff seemed to not know where he's at or does not know his phone # (really!). Finally, got hold of the manager which equally has the same attitude as the receptionist. He was rude and unapologetic. This is the worst experience I ever had! I have to write this review to let the staff know that this is not how to treat customers and conduct business. I WILL NEVER RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL.

1  Thank Kaksi7
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I appreciated the comforts of this hotel for both business or pleasure. Close to San Mateo and Foster City for business and still within reach of SFO and San Francisco. The hotel is close to SFO but does not have a shuttle. This would be a nice addition for local trips since when coming for business I am 4 miles from the office. The hotel is near a Safeway, it is across the highway but just a short walk. The Holiday Inn next door has good Happy Hour specials. Breakfast was good but basic. The workout space is small but they do have weight machines. The staff is very helpful and friendly. Overall a nice stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Visiting family in San Mateo, so location was perfect. Even walked to Nini's for lunch. Good value for the $. Staff very helpful and friendly. Breakfast is good, not great... but again a good value. Close to downtown San Mateo and Burlingame and just off the major highway, so access is very good.

Also consider these accommodations in or near San Mateo
Bay Landing Hotel
#2 of 12 in Burlingame
Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport - Burlingame
Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront

Been to Best Western Coyote Point Inn? Share your experiences!