“Nice hotel, nice price, hard bed.”

Stone Villa Inn San Mateo - San Francisco SFO
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in San Mateo
“Nice hotel, nice price, hard bed.”
Reviewed 17 August 2012

Not sure what everyone is complaining about....the room was very clean, very nice. Smaller then most rooms, but very adequate. Bed is pretty firm, could use a nice latex topper. But still it's a great room at a great price.
The staff isn't upbeat and perky, but, they get the job done and very well I might add.
If you stay here...keep in mind the bed is firm. Otherwise, worth the money.

• Stayed August 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Kirkland, Washington, United States
Reviewed 19 July 2012

Fine for a stay of two days or less. It's clean and comfortable but very small and the pillows were very very thin! TV was also a tube style TV. The internet connection however, was very good.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 18 June 2012

I recently stayed here for 3 weeks and this place was exactly what I was looking for! Very clean and comfortable room, with breakfast every morning from 7-9 AM. Cable TV and a nice bathroom for an extremely low rate! Very close to the Hayward Park Caltrain and Safeway, as well as buses in and around San Mateo. Plus the property manager/owner personally assists you 24 hours a day with any request you may have!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank K Y
Cambridge, Massachusetts
Reviewed 18 June 2012

I got a good deal on this hotel and thought I got great value.
The room was clean had all the right amenities.

Recommend this hotel as a value accommodation in the Bay Area.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2012

My fiancé and I arrived at Stone Villa Sunday night from our trip to Seattle. We looked up different hotels and such but nothing satisfied us, due to location, ambiance, and the "feel for it." Finally, we checked out what Stone Villa was all about. I had called in and explained our situation. The woman on the phone was VERY friendly :) and accommodated so quickly and told us we would get a Manager's special! Standard rooms go for about $90 and with the special, they gave us $70 for the room! I quickly drove over there. I arrived to the front desk and the owner was at the counter. I could already tell the place has a homely, clean environment in which we are all about! We ended up having great conversations and just the place was again, very nice and friendly!
As I gathered my belongings to the room and opened up the room.... My GOODNESS!! The room furthered our expectations!! This place is one of the most cleanest, organized, has great style, cabinets and walk-in closets that freshened our breath and the sheets and bathrooms were exquisite!!!! I even took a picture of the room so I could resemble the layout for our home :) Overall, if you want a very sterile, clean, homey, modern stay when away... Stone Villa is the place to stay. You might not even want to go home! ;) (We stayed one more night)!

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank bianca076789
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 June 2012

The Stone Villa Inn is within short walking distance of the San Mateo Showground, which is why I chose it (I was in San Mateo for the Maker Faire).

Friendly, helpful staff - I shall stay here again.

If you like South Indian food the new Dosa restaurant a few tens of yards east of the hotel (next to the sex shop) is excellent.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
Zwolle, The Netherlands
Reviewed 26 May 2012

Stone Villa Inn is great place near airport. Very friendly Indian manager who likes to make jokes. it is cheap, clean and conveniently located near airport and several restaurants.
The motel has free wifi and breakfast.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family