Stone Villa Inn San Mateo - San Francisco SFO
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in San Mateo
Reviewed 26 September 2009

The Stone Villa Inn in San Mateo has the best rooms and the best prices. The staff was very friendly and helpful. It is in a great location close to downtown, theaters, shopping centers, grocery stores and library. I really enjoyed my stay here.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business

Reviewed 20 September 2009

I have stayed here three times and each time I found the rooms clean and comfortable they appear to be recently remodeled. The beds are quite comfortable. Service appears to be good too having a bad bulb was taken care of imeadately.My only gripe is no cream cheese for the bagels in morning.The rates are a bargain considering the quality.
Nice landscaping too.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 September 2009

I stayed at the Stone Villa Inn this weekend on a trip to visit family in San Francisco. The motel was only $59 over Labor Day weekend, which was great. When I walked inside, the room smelled of fresh paint. My room had:

SOFT WATER, walk-in closet WITH shoe-rack, VERY clean bathroom with a large shower and faux-marble floors and counter tops, security blinds, all new fixtures, new furniture, blow-dryer, iron/ironing board, leather-lined easy chair, free internet, plenty of parking.

I felt like I was staying in a hotel, except the price was great and the room was smaller than a hotel room. I was very pleased! The clerk was friendly, the neighborhood was safe. I was quite impressed and I will almost certainly be staying here again.

About 20 mins from SF, and about an hour or so outside of Mill Valley

PS,
I used to work in a motel for quite some time, and this motel was five stars compared to any other motel room I've ever seen or stayed in, especially for the competitive rate!!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2009

Worse hotel and service ever. I booked my room a month in advance and when I showed up he lied that there was a plumbing problem and I should find another hotel. Come to find out later he had sold my room to the highest bidder. He didn't even bother to call me sooner.

Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank mchunguzi
Reviewed 18 August 2009

My daughter and I stayed here for a night. She chose this inn because it is close to her corportate office in Foster. The ride between the inn and the office is direct and easy - about a 7 minute drive.

The price is right. The room is clean, spacious, beautifully decorated, the bed is comfortabe, lots of hot water in an oversized shower stall, free access to Wifi, a spacious parking lot, and the hosts are friendly and helpful. Breakfast (toast and bagels with butter and jelies, cereals, coffee, juice, fruit) is included.

The new owners took over in early June. I don't know what it was like before, but it's obviouse the new owners are working from the heart at making this a lovely place to stay. Flower boxes line the walkway to the rooms, a garden crew were planting trees along the parking lot. I felt safe here.

Thanks, Stonevilla, for a relazing night in San Mateo.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 June 2009

A lot of the reviews written here were from before the hotel was remodeled. I stayed here during that time and I stayed here recently. They have made vast improvements to the hotel. The rooms are nicely decorated, they upgraded their management-I received A+ treatment! They also have a great breakfast area with a variety of different foods to choose from. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 March 2009

Don't be fooled by the swanky photos of the remodeled rooms. The truth is the accommodations are shoddy. As a female solo traveler I did not feel safe staying here, so I checked out. Safety issues included: broken window of another guest room, tenets with door propped open smoking and looking very shady, security cameras necessary due to the crime. The front desk agreed to give me a refund upon check out - noting I'd have to go through Orbitz. I'm still fighting to receive a refund for a slum dive I never stayed in!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank ballac
StoneVillaInn, Manager at Stone Villa Inn San Mateo - San Francisco SFO, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2009

We apologize for any inconvenience you may have had during your stay. We are still in the process of remodeling all of our rooms which is why there are some things that still need to be taken care of. Since outside online travel agencies handle the payment for your stay, we do not have access to your account and cannot give refunds on these types of reservations.

Also consider these accommodations in or near San Mateo
#10 of 12 in San Mateo
Hilton Garden Inn San Mateo
Holiday Inn San Mateo-San Francisco SFO
Best Western Plus El Rancho Inn

Been to Stone Villa Inn San Mateo - San Francisco SFO? Share your experiences!