All reviewswalk in closetunder new managementrooms are nicely decoratedevent centersan franciscojessiefairgroundsmicrowavebay
Reviewed 4 November 2009

We stayed in this Inn for a night and returned back with good impression. Room was very clean and people were friendly. The microwave and refrigerator provided in the room were very clean and handy. Continental breakfast served in the morning was of good quality. Parking space is enclosed and seemed quite safe. Free WiFi was not only for advertisement: this service was actually fully functional though not super fast. The management even mailed our laptop power cord back to our home address which we accidentally left in the room. If you are looking for quality service for small price I recommend this place.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 October 2009

I stayed at Stone Villa Inn for two nights while attending a college reunion and found my room at the hotel very comfortable and quite reasonable in price. The proprietor Kieran kindly accommodated my request to check in early. The room was attractively designed and visually appealing. The maid service was professional and the room was cleaned thoroughly. A continental breakfast was available between 7 and 9 am and included in the price of the room. My room had a spacious shower with adequate water pressure and was a pleasure to wake up to. My queen-size bed was a good one. The cable tv had a wide selection of channels that included HBO. I experienced very little noise of any kind, whether from other guests or traffic. I would definitely return to this hotel in the future.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 October 2009

I spent three nights with my husband at this hotel and we really enjoyed our stay here. Just like other reviewers mentioned, this hotel has gone through some extensive renovations and the result is very nice. The rooms are clean (most important factor for me), cozy with modern dark wood furniture, comfortable bed, nice bathroom, big closet, refrigerator, and TV. High-speed internet is available at no charge. There is also breakfast at site with a choice cereals, bagels, muffins, fruits, coffee, tea, milk, etc. Unlike user AvidT21 below, I found this place safe and the owner very friendly and helpful; when I needed something he was always ready to help. He also gave me an upgrade from queen to king size bed at no extra charge. So, if I ever decide to go to San Francisco again, this hotel would be my choice.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 October 2009

This motel has recently been refurbished to a high standard - the beds are great and all the facilities operate well. Free WiFi and free breakfast just add to quality of the experience here. It is 10 mins from the SFO airport and an ideal place for travellers to go to after arrival in SFO.
The staff are friendly and helpful - it is hard to fault this modestly priced motel.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 October 2009

Found it on the net and was surprised at what I got. For a good low price I found a clean, well maintained (Freshly renovated and under new management) hotel in a reasonable part of San mateo. Easy to get to the Caltrain station (directions from the front desk staff) and from there a 30 odd minute ride to San Francisco. Lots of local restaurants nearby to have dinner, good pizza, Chinese, Indian etc. Car parking as part of the price and wireless internet in the rooms. Room was cleaned every day and altrhough there were smoking rooms available, I requested and was given a non smoking room.
Overall, two thumbs up.