All reviews under new management rooms are nicely decorated event center san francisco jessie fairgrounds microwave bay
Reviewed 1 June 2010

The manager/owner did a hard sell when I called in and went in circles when asked a few simple questions. He assured me that he was giving me the best possible price and for that, he told me, I would have to commit immediately to stay there and wave the right to cancel 48 hours before my stay. So, I looked under Hotels.com where I found the same room in this inn at a better rate and WITH a very generous cancellation policy: You can cancel before noon on the day of your arrival! It was the most unpleasant experience in dealing with a liar and wasting my time. The bed was very hard, the hair dryer did not work, a window does not open, the air condition/fan is very loud and also, bring your own soap for the shower.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank kazaim
Reviewed 24 May 2010

Recent updates polish this older hotel. Check in was easy, staff was polite. The room was very clean, water temp was good (shower got hot fast). Continental breakfast was not well stocked, just bagels and cereal The beds were VERY hard, I mean, might as well sleep on the floor hard. I am not one to usually complain, and I had seen other reviews with the same complaint and I took my chances anyway. The room was large (and would accommodate a roll-away if needed without taking up too much room) but there was no table at all, so if you are planning to eat in the room, it's a little difficult. It was a good value for what I paid except for the beds, they were pretty uncomfortable. The location was less than half a mile from San Mateo County Fairgrounds, and it was a short walk to our event in the morning then back to the room at night-- and also to come back to the room for sandwiches instead of paying for parking and over-priced greasy food at lunch or dinner time. The only HUGE negative that was not the hotel's fault but I want to warn people anyway because I wish I had known-- if you use the back entrance to the parking lot on Palm Ave (shorter walk to fairgrounds than El Camino entrance) this place is a couple buildings away from a Planned Parenthood and there were protesters lining the streets during our short walk and my son was exposed to some very graphic poster-size images that no one should have to see, let alone an 11 y.o. If I had known this, I would have added 10 min to our walk and used the El Camino entrance to walk to the fairgrounds. If there were another hotel within walking distance to the fairgrounds, I might try that instead, but if there were no other choices, I would probably stay here again. The great location of this hotel saved me $34 in parking alone, plus not having to by food at the fairgrounds (3 people for 4-6 meals I am thinking at least $100).

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank holly4409
Reviewed 21 May 2010

Stayed there for 9 night on Nov '09. The place was situated opposite rows of shops. I saw pictures of a fren who stay there with his wife and the pic looked exactly the same as on their website. For 50 plus a night i wasn't expecting much. But the room was just renovated and it looked pretty decent and clean. I was staying at the room beside the stairs and as a light sleeper there wasn't really too much noise from the road fortunately.
Pros: It is near to the airport and around 15-20 min away from San Frans area. You can find cinema and shops nearby too. And yes there is a walk-in wardrobe in my room with a luggage stand! The carpet looked new too. The bed to me was too soft. The internet was slow but i didn't went there to surf net all day so it was fine for me. Stone Vill looked safer compared to other hotels in the bay area that my frens stayed before and got their car window smashed.
The gripes are small issues to me such as the toilet sink was maybe just enough for a single person's toiletries. For couples it might be too crowded. There wasn't enuf space to put my shampoo etc. I had to resort to putting them on top of the rail of the glass door. There wasn't any bath tub. The toilet bowl seat was dislodged. The aircon was too noisy too. The hotel's manager was friendly but sometimes it's hard to catch what he was talking. The carpark was too cramped. I've gotten a morning call on one morning to shift my car cos i was too close to the other person's car but my car did not cross the line yet. That person was just not petite. The road was too hard to turn in so i had to resort to driving around it and coming around from the back gate every night.
I dun mind going back there in future..

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 May 2010

We stayed here 2 nights, one after a late arrival into SFO and one before an early departure out of SFO. We booked online for $61 tax included. I find it hard to give the hotel a 5 rating only for a few gripes I have. Road noise in 102 was noticeable in 105 not so bad. Another gripe, both rooms had large walk in closets but a suitcase stand would have been very nice. Only 2 economy pillows plus 2 throw pillows for a queen bed. Lastly, noisy blower in the bathrooms that came on with the light. Both rooms were very clean but 105 had holes in the bead spread that looked like ash burns. Large walk-in showers no tubs in both rooms. Even with the gripes I’ll give them a 4 for price, cleanliness and location.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 May 2010

This place was recommended to me and my sister, so we booked two nights. The manager is strange. He takes 50 words to say what he could say in 5. The room we were given had one bar of soap in it, absolutely NO counter space, and the bed frames were made for king size mattresses, not the queen mattresses that were on them. No place to put cosmetics or toothbrushes. Just a kind of weird motel room. I booked it by walking in, and then when I checked on the internet, found it would have been $20 cheaper to book on the internet. Altho the manager assured me he was giving me the best possible rate. What a crook, imo. He also ran my credit card twice because his machine disconnected, and didn't seem to know about re-running the card and re-crediting my account. It turned into a "drama" that was unpleasant. Stay at the Howard Johnson's down the street, it's cheaper and more "together".

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family