“There's More than Macaroni in Macaroni Grill”
Review of Romano's Macaroni Grill - CLOSED

Romano's Macaroni Grill
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 5 February 2014

Overall review is average...
Great service, huge servings and comfy ambiance..
Went with my family for lunch.
Slightly pricey $$-$$$.
2 Appetizers and 5 dishes..
Stuffed mushrooms and fried calamares then pasta, chicken Marsala, mushroom ravioli, and spinach & scallops

Reviewed 19 May 2013

Took my girl friend here for her birthday. On a budget this was a great place to go. The good is amazing and filling. Plenty to take home and eat later. Staff was great and friendly. Great place to go. Food came out fast and was delicious. Overall great experience.

Reviewed 26 February 2013

This might be a good Lunch resturant, but was terrible for dinner last night. There seemed to be plenty of help, just not around our area. I took several minutes for our waitress to come to our table. We ordered a beer and soft drink and placed our order at the same time. She was not familiar with the menu and stated that she was new on the job. It took 10 minutes to get our drinks and it was waving her down. The reason for the delay was that the bartender was swamped! I looked over and there were very few people at the bar. Our food took an additional 20 minutes to arrive and although it was not cold it was not hot. Other tables around us were also slow getting their meals. One thing I did notice was a manager bring some dishes at a tabe next to ours with the Pepper Shaker under her arm!

The food is good but the service was none existant.

Reviewed 25 February 2013

I live less than 4 miles from another Macaroni Grill. We sort of quit going to it, because of menu selection and quality of food and service. Well, I do not know how my local one is faring(although I do plan to visit soon) , but the my experience in San Mateo was pretty good.
I went on a Saturday evening about 7:30, so I expected to wait. We tried to get a place in the bar area to eat, but evidently they weren't too keen on that because we never could get the table bussed. However, waiting 15 minutes, our name was called for a seat in the dining room.
Okay, here is the thing..
Food was really good
Game out pretty quickly and server was great.
So what was my problem?
Evidently, they like the idea of someone roaming around the dining room singing "a capella", and the lovely woman that was singing could only sound good in a shower or a loud karaoke bar...she was very off key. It was so bad that i was glad we were not outside eating...there was a full moon and I am certain that if there were dogs or wolves in the area, they would have been howling.
So...Based on the new menu selections, I am planning to go back to the one on my neighborhood and give it another try. I just hope they do not have the live entertainment!

Reviewed 30 May 2012

Great Value, Great Food, Great Service.
We liked the decor, the paper table cloths to write on. Your waiter writes their name on it for you. A fun place and always busy.