“You won't find a better value”
Review of La Cumbre Taqueria

La Cumbre Taqueria
Ranked #167 of 413 Restaurants in San Mateo
Price range: US$7 - US$7
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Good for: Child-friendly
Reviewed 23 March 2012

I have friends and family that go out of their way for their great food.

There are newer reviews for La Cumbre Taqueria

Reviewed 16 March 2012

If I just watched their TV commercial I'd avoid them, but they are a good taqueria in a prime spot in San Mateo. There is plenty of parking, they are near the train station, and booths are big and clean. I like that I can see the grill guy making my carne asada.

Typical taqueria food at good prices.

Reviewed 23 February 2012

La Cumbre is located in front of San Mateo CalTrain station, and has their own parking lots. Decent variety of Mexican menu and their super burrito is the most frequently selling because of its gigantic size, good ingredients and very reasonable price.
When you place an order, don't miss the tortilla chips. Sales persons sometimes forget to ask customer saying "Do you want chips?" and several salsas / condiments are hiding in the deepest area of the restaurant. Try their salsa verde if you like cilantro.

2  Thank koba-sf
Reviewed 24 August 2011

We came here after my friend messed up her mango margaritas and when I say messed up, I mean she opened the bottom of the blender and lost everything in the sink. (Completely true, and I don't know why.)
The food and the atmosphere is great here!
The service was nice and friendly! The menu items were priced pretty well

Reviewed 1 June 2011

This truely is the best taqueria in the Bay Area. Best price. Highest quality food. Super friendly people.