“Yummy Deep Dish Pizza”

Windy City Pizza & BBQ
Ranked #29 of 416 Restaurants in San Mateo
Cuisines: Pizza
Description: Family friendly atmosphere, genuine Texas pit-smoked BBQ, Chicago Deep Dish Pizza, plus Chicago specilities like Vienna hot dogs, and Italian Beef sandwichs.Beer and wine selection. Dog friendly patio. East to get to, and easy parking. We accept all major credit cards, and you can order online.
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Heavy but oh so worth it!! They do not deliver but take out is a better option because the place can get loud.

Reviewed 19 June 2013

I've been going to windy city since it was a little shack in Belmont. I actually liked it better then as it had a great feel and was a comfy place with delish food. they expanded into a more "sterile" location with3a family friendly atmosphere which is good if you are going with a family. i'm not sure that their pizza prices are higher than others bur lets face it., going out for a pizza is really expensive now. I think the last one I got with tax and tip, since I had a beer while waiting for it, was about $35. Greek salad is good as are their sandwiches. I LOVE their windy city special and the veggie pizza but have actually started to make pizza at home by getting a good frozen pizza and topping it with a bunch of veggies. don't get me wrong, I love this place and still frequent there but just don't think pizza should be so expensive. wish they were open a bit later.

Reviewed 27 May 2013

We ate at the restaurant and the ambiance is definitely a pizzeria. Only complaint was that you had to go to the bar for drinks.

They said that they import ingredients from Chicago and I love deep dish so I decided to give this place a try. Basically if you are a fan of Chicago deep dish you will LOVE LOVE LOVE this place. The reviewer that said it left an after-taste was probably talking about the type of cheese they use. Again, this is not Dominoes or Pizza Hut so expect the pizza to be different and in my opinion different is good. The prices are about what you would expect to pay in the area - ~$10-$20 per person.

Didn't try the BBQ so no comment there.

Reviewed 28 April 2013

Very shocked by the other reviews, wondering if its friends n family doing them or we just got unlucky...pizza left a strange after taste n we were both nervous of getting sick, my wife also got Greek salad it was small lettuce was wilted bread stick was cold. Oh, and we paid almost 30 bucks for small pizza n small salad...first 1 star I have ever given on trip advisor!!! One plus was they delivered under 30 min on a Saturday night!

Reviewed 14 February 2013

Their Deep dish Pulled Pork Pizza is to die for! Everyone I turn on to this pizza raves about it - and their BBQ (brisket,ribs, pulled pork and chicken) is JUST AS GOOD! One of the few places I wanted to be on the rewards program!!!