“Excellent service, tasty food.”

Celia's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #20 of 413 Restaurants in San Mateo
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I'm no Mexican food expert but staying in San Mateo for a week during some training I set out to explore. Celia's looked welcoming from the outside and that was borne out by a warm welcome inside. I was served promptly and with a helpful manner.

I ordered from the very wide choice on the menu and was blown away by the amount you got for your money. I had the Carnitas and was impressed by the taste and flavour of the steak. The beer was also well kept.

All in all I enjoyed my visit so much I went back on the final night with a local friend and we enjoyed another good meal.

There are newer reviews for Celia's Mexican Restaurant

Reviewed 27 April 2014

I have eaten here many times before the arrival of all the great taquerias in the area. The food and service are both quite average. The portions are large. The margaritas are pretty good.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

The good service and drinks are all very good. The prices are ok but overall this is better than average Mexican places.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

So you know when it's a good mexican restaurant when you see other Hispanics patronize a mexican restaurant. The food's not bad, but for the price ($13 starting range for two tacos), you could get a better meal at any of the downtown mexican restaurants on B Street for authentic mexican (eg Los Primos Taqueria at 85 B Street). They had a live mariachi band when we went on a Sunday night, but if you were looking for a quiet, romantic place, it's not. The horachi drink was very good, with a hint of vanilla taste.

1  Thank swf
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Drove from my hotel in Foster City up El Camino Real when we turned down Peninsual Ave we saw the restaurant and decided to give it a try. We didn't regret it.
The chimachunga's are great, try it if ýou get to the area