“Best Dessert Ever”
Review of Viognier

Viognier
Reserve with OpenTable
Viognier is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #199 of 408 Restaurants in San Mateo
Transit: Cal Train / San Mateo Stop 1 block away
Bangkok, Thailand
“Best Dessert Ever”
Reviewed 13 October 2012

We stopped by this place just for the dessert after our dinner. We were told that this place was a restaurant extension of a cooking school and it did not let us down. We had 4 different deserts. They were all delicious, especially the cheesecake. The icecreams were all great, too. They were all presented to us delicately in french style. The service was also excellent .

• Visited October 2012

NJ
“Lovely restaurant, good food, wine and service”
Reviewed 24 September 2012

The restaurant had a lovely relaxed, clean atmosphere. We could see the Market's Cooking School from our table. I went with several folks from a local business that I consult for - they often bring people here and it's easy to see why. The service was quite attentive (maybe a bit too much). The menu allows you to select your preferred number of dishes from apps, entrees, desserts. I had the beautiful heirloom tomato salad...but for the life of me, I can't remember what I had for the entree. Perhaps because I left there to catch the red-eye back home and this might have caused a short-lived retrograde amnesia. So, my general impression was quite positive - but sorry about my imprecision.

• Visited September 2012
Palo Alto
“Great food and ambience.”
Reviewed 22 July 2012

Food is excellent and creativ. Great wine list. Need for 50 characters in review is idiotic.

Denver, Colorado
“Great place!”
Reviewed 28 June 2012

I met a friend here for cocktails yet needed something to eat prior to our meeting. I absolutely loved the roasted beet salad - could have ate more of it. The food that I had was outstanding, and the staff was tremendously kind and attentive. I would absolutely return.

• Visited February 2012
rainb0wtraveler
“Scallops to die for”
Reviewed 10 June 2012

I went with some business colleagues so I have no idea on pricing, but we started with a fresh beet salad - multi colored beets with a nice light dressing, then the main entree was sea scallops -- heavenly! If you are a heavy eater, this will NOT fill you up but it was very good. For dessert, we had their strawberry shortcake- this is not the usual layers of biscuit/scone with whipped cream and strawberries but a panna cotta like strawberry dessert that was also very good. They freshly press all coffee for dessert -- and they steam and froth their milk for the coffee -- wow, what service. For wine, I had an excellent Malbec - again, not knowing prices might have made things taste better, but they do have a nice set up.

Downstairs, they have the Draeger's Market - which was a treat in itself to browse for flowers, cheese, chocolate, and fresh fruit.

• Visited June 2012