“Really enjoyed my first experience here”
Review of Viognier

Viognier
Reserve with OpenTable
Viognier is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #211 of 410 Restaurants in San Mateo
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: B St. and Ellsworth
Transit: Cal Train / San Mateo Stop 1 block away
San Francisco, California
“Really enjoyed my first experience here”
Reviewed 2 February 2013

Went here for a business dinner. It was my first experience and it was wonderful. Nice relaxed fine dining atmosphere where you can enjoy a high quality meal and have a great conversation with your guests. The chef brought out a few items that were very tasteful. I would rank this restaurant as one of the top in CA. We all ordered the four course meal which absolutely stuffed us. I will order the 3-course next time. The cheese plate for desert is great and enough to feed 2-3 people. On the way up to the restaurant pick your favorite bottle of wine from downstairs and bring it to your table. Will be back with the family for sure. Nice job guys!

• Visited January 2013

Menlo Park, California
“Quiet business-class place with overpriced food”
Reviewed 2 December 2012

Viognier is somewhat rare for San Mateo. SM is a hive of great Chinese, Japanese, and Mexican food. Places are somewhat boisterous and filled with locals. For a quiet business meal, there aren't that many choices. Viogner would be called a "ladies who lunch" place, or similar to a hotel restaurant. The food is good but not great in any way. As a local, I don't eat here, and don't even recommend it over 321 Ellsworth.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank bbulkow
Bangkok, Thailand
“Best Dessert Ever”
Reviewed 13 October 2012

We stopped by this place just for the dessert after our dinner. We were told that this place was a restaurant extension of a cooking school and it did not let us down. We had 4 different deserts. They were all delicious, especially the cheesecake. The icecreams were all great, too. They were all presented to us delicately in french style. The service was also excellent .

• Visited October 2012
NJ
“Lovely restaurant, good food, wine and service”
Reviewed 24 September 2012

The restaurant had a lovely relaxed, clean atmosphere. We could see the Market's Cooking School from our table. I went with several folks from a local business that I consult for - they often bring people here and it's easy to see why. The service was quite attentive (maybe a bit too much). The menu allows you to select your preferred number of dishes from apps, entrees, desserts. I had the beautiful heirloom tomato salad...but for the life of me, I can't remember what I had for the entree. Perhaps because I left there to catch the red-eye back home and this might have caused a short-lived retrograde amnesia. So, my general impression was quite positive - but sorry about my imprecision.

• Visited September 2012
Palo Alto
“Great food and ambience.”
Reviewed 22 July 2012

Food is excellent and creativ. Great wine list. Need for 50 characters in review is idiotic.