“best of San Mateo, Ca !”
Review of Vault 164

Vault 164
Ranked #19 of 417 Restaurants in San Mateo
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 September 2013

The service is 'old school' and only right before you need them!
Food prep is fantastic!
Everyone is SO professional.
Thank you !

Reviewed 21 August 2013

My boyfriend and I were driving down from SF and wanted to stop at a random restaurant and stumbled upon this place. We thought it looked nice from the outside. They closed at 10, but they took us at 9:30. We quickly ordered appetizers and our dinner. They came out quick. The heirloom tomato bruschetta was refreshing, but the bacon wrapped dates were lacking some punch to their flavor, heirloom tomato gnocchi was good, but the mushroom risotto didn't have much flavor. The baked Alaska was cool and tasted good. It was above average price for an average meal. Good experience tho!

Reviewed 18 August 2013

Vault 164 serves pretty good food but the prices are a bit high in my opinion. I had ordered the warm spinach salad and the garlic skirt steak and both were delicious. The steak was cooked exactly how I wanted it. However, for the price I paid for the skirt steak, it could have been a bit larger. Service was very good. Because of the food, I'd probably come back to this place again.

Reviewed 2 August 2013

Vault 164 was an okay restaurant. The food was a little bit better than A&W and had a weird smell to it. At least they got the mac & cheese right. The decorations were really cool and the price was pricy for the food that we got. I loved the feeling of being in the old bank vault feel to the place.

Reviewed 9 July 2013

We got stranded in San Mateo because of the airliner crash. We decided to venture out Sunday evening and were rewarded for our efforts by a fantastic meal at this restaurant. We started with the bacon wrapped figs which were fantastic. My wife had the stuffed pepper which was full of different ingredients that blended well with a little kick. I had the skirt steak. It was cooked perfectly to my liking and served with mashed potatoes and additional vegies. The service was excellent.