“Good chicken but not worth the high price”
Review of Gangnam Chicken

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Gangnam Chicken
Ranked #84 of 410 Restaurants in San Mateo
Cuisines: Asian, Korean
Orinda, California
“Good chicken but not worth the high price”
Reviewed 27 January 2013

First time at the restaurant while it was my wife's second time. Went with high expectations because my wife loves the food. We had the 1/2 Regular Fried Chicken for the kids and 1/2 Gangnam Chicken. The Gangnam sauce is a blend of spicy and sweet. She felt it tasted "authentic" like the fried chicken she's had in Seoul. As for me, it was good, but definitely not worth close to $20 (after taxes) for fried chicken. Unlike other Korean restaurants, you do not get a variety of "banchan", the side dishes, except a small pile if coleslaw salad and some pickled radishes. Perhaps you do when you order the bul-go-gi, but not with the chicken. Don't let the term whole chicken fool you, it's literally the whole chicken cut up into pieces, BUT, the chicken is quite small. Again, for the price you pay, not worth it.

Service is good, the staff was friendly and they continuously checked if we were ok. That was nice. I would rate the service alone as 4 stars.

Rating the food alone would be 2 stars due to combination of portion and price.

At the end of the day, ask yourself, do you really want to pay $20 for fried chicken?

I'll have to try the other chicken places other reviewers mentioned. I most likely will not go back.

• Visited January 2013