“Nice people; great pizza”
Review of Rainbow Pizza

Rainbow Pizza
Ranked #10 of 423 Restaurants in San Mateo
Cuisines: Greek, Italian, Pizza, Central European, Soups
Reviewed 9 April 2014

We were hungry, and were about to be joined by three hungry 20-somethings, so we turned to Rainbow Pizza. I went to pick up two pizzas (one vegetarian, the other their # 2 special), and learned there was a delay because of problems with their ovens and their computer system. The owner noticed me waiting a long time, and over my objection, gave me $20 back (and I gave a large tip to his workers) The pizza, as always, was delicious. Rainbow is a great place.

1  Thank Timothy R

Reviewed 17 January 2014

Rainbow Pizza has great Pizza. Lots of variety, large portions of toppings and a helpful staff. The Greek items are also extensive, tasty and well prepared. It has been a local favorite for years and is very busy. A great place for lunch time parties or an after work get together.

1  Thank DavenCarol
Reviewed 3 September 2013

OK, I know the place is called Rainbow Pizza and the pizza is great, but it is really a Greek restaurant that just happens to serve pizza serves pizza. I am picky about my Greek food and this place is the closest I have found to good old taverna style Greek food anywhere around the peninsula. I drive here from Palo Alto just to have a decent gyro and pita and yogurt dip. All the Greek food is wonderful. The portions are huge....over the top!!! The prices are low. It has been family run forever. The service can be a little slow and disjointed, but the food is well worth the wait!!! A great place for kids and families. This place is a real hidden treasure. It is a good thing that I don't live closer or I would weigh over 300 lbs.

1  Thank Chris101264
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Have been eating the Greek food here for almost 20 years, food, service always fantastic. Who would think in a little strip mall that such a great restaurant exists. If you don't know about it or where it is you'll walk right by and never see it.

Go in get seated in the back with the Greek mural and statuary. Have a glass of retsina ( Greek white wine ) it is really different and is one of those things you will love or hate. So you may ask for a taste before you order a glass.

If you are ordering the Greek salad have someone to share or order a half, this thing is massive.

1  Thank Lou K
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Rainbow Pizza's owners really take a lot of pride in the selection, variety, preparation and serving of their dishes. As a result, this restaurant consistently delivers good food which is well-prepared. Their presentation of the food is very nice. You'll see larger and smaller groups there, and it's usualy pretty packed. It's a fun place with good food. Sometimes we've had to wait a bit for our meals, but the wait's worth it. We're among many locals who go back to Rainbow Pizza time and again, each time trying some new dish and always having a good meal.

1  Thank Catherine B