“Veggie Burrito”

Pancho Villa Taqueria
Ranked #2 of 413 Restaurants in San Mateo
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Came during lunch and it was very, very busy. But the line went fast and there was always a seat. I got the Veggie Burrito. Inexpensive for a good sized burrito. I liked their salsa bar, they had very good sauces. Very good for a fresh lunch.

There are newer reviews for Pancho Villa Taqueria

Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

I'll start by saying that I enjoyed the experience, overall. The price for the 3 tacos, 1 carnita enchilada and 1 chile relleno was on the high side at 20 bucks. Got it to go at the end of the night (10pm) and I was surprised to get back to my hotel room without any napkins and no plastic fork (for those of you that travel a lot, you know my pain); this is always confounding to me how this gets missed by many restaurants. The enchilada I'd rate pretty low, give it a 3 out of 10. The tacos were pretty off the hook good, I'd give them a 9 out of 10. The relleno was good as well, giving it an 8 out of 10.

Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

We called in an order for an early dinner while staying at the San Mateo Marriott, and made the five minute drive to pick up the food. Upon arriving there around 3 on a Sunday we were greeted with a very cool compiled-to-order taqueria that deserved a brief wait in the line to order in person. The bar where you order has all the burrito/taco contents laid out, and being freshly prepared on the adjacent griddle. There were a ton of people there despite the odd hour, and it was a very cool/diverse vibe. Worth the experience , and the burritos were great! Guacamole left a little to be desired, but that was the only complaint. Impressive salsa bar made up for it. Give it a shot if you're in the area!

Reviewed 17 April 2014

Meat was tender and flavorful, salsa was spectacular and service was decent. The burritos were large and the menu had anything you could ever want from a Mexican restaurant. Samples of meat before ordering definitely helped us choose.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

It's hot, noisy, and crowded...ie. not a relaxed atmosphere for a meal. But the food is pretty good, portions are generous, and you'll have plenty of options.