“Wish this place was in my town.”
Review of Astaria - CLOSED

Astaria
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: El Camino Real
Reviewed 23 August 2012

My absolute only complaint is that this restaurant is not in our town so that we could eat there very regularly. The menu is very inviting and we had trouble deciding it all sounded so good. My wife ordered the pork tenderloin which was done in a honey balsamic glaze and was delicious. I had the best barbecued boneless short rib I've ever had anywhere. I changed the accompaniment from creamed corn to bacon fried yukon gold potatoes which were awesome. Both our portions were very generous. It happened to be tuesday night when wine is half price so we took advantage of this also. Every single thing about Astaria was perfect..... now if they would only expand to Arizona.

Alicia P, Owner at Astaria, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2012

Thanks so much for your review Peter. I'm so happy to hear that you and your wife loved your dinner. Our focus is using ingredients with integrity and preparing them with the same care. What else did you want to try from the menu? If it ships well overnight I'd be happy to send it to go :). I hope you get a chance to visit us again the next time you're in California!

Take care,
Alicia, Chef, Co-Owner

Reviewed 9 August 2012 via mobile

Good food, nice atmosphere and good service. My husband enjoyed his steak with a very tasty sauce while I enjoyed the Asian salad. Worth checking out.

Alicia P, Owner at Astaria, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2012

Thanks so much for your review! I'm glad that you and your husband enjoyed your meal. We make sure to order all our meat and produce from local farms and ranches so that everything tastes fresh. The next time you're in the neighborhood, please make sure to stop by!

All the best,
Alicia, Owner

Reviewed 27 April 2012

So far I have only been to Astaria for a Sunday Brunch, but given the quality of the food I would imagine it would be a great place for any meal. My friend and I split an order of the steak and eggs and also an order of the banana-stuffed brioche french toast. Both were exceptional! They also had $4 mimosas during brunch. I am bringing my mother-in-law here for brunch on Mother's day. This place is very nice-upscale and the food is delicious!

Reviewed 21 April 2012

Was invited to an event at Astaria, and had never dined there before. Everything was delicious. Great flavors, tender meat, and served hot. The service was nice as well. I would definately return when in the area.

Alicia P, Owner at Astaria, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2012

Thank you so much for your review. I'm glad to hear that we left a great first impression. Which dishes did you try? The next time you're in San Mateo, please make sure to stop by!

All the best,
Alicia, Owner

Reviewed 4 April 2012

My husband and I eat here often and always love our experience. We also had our wedding brunch here a few years ago. Service is good, food is great and the place is super cute and clean!