“What a beautiful place!”
Review of CuriOdyssey

CuriOdyssey
Ranked #4 of 25 things to do in San Mateo
Santa Rosa, California
“What a beautiful place!”
Reviewed 30 December 2013

I took my 3.5 yr old and he was thrilled. It was a really fun place. Lots of neat hands on science exhibits for children of all ages and lots of beautiful animals. I was also impressed with the view and the admission cost was very reasonable. This place is a must see....;)

Visited December 2013

Foster City, California
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Great place if you have little kids”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

This little local science and environmental museum is a great place for little kids. I could spend hours just watching the river otters and the animal display and presentation are educational and fun. Seeing the ferret and the turkey vulture up close and learning about them was fascinating even for me. Little kids will love touching and playing with all the little science experiments and I did too.

Visited July 2013
“Fun Times!”
Reviewed 29 June 2013 via mobile

Went for our first time and our entire family had a fun time with all the hands on activities and animal exhibits. Our children are ages 6, 4, and 2 and there was plenty to keep themselves entertained. My only complaint is that most of the employees were not very friendly and some were just plain rude. We encountered 2 friendly employees our entire visit.

Visited June 2013
San Francisco
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“A Hidden Gem in San Mateo!”
Reviewed 8 June 2013

This little museum closed almost 6 years ago. Since then, it has renewed itself and has more guests visiting than ever! Its mission statement reads: As a science and wildlife center, CuriOdyssey helps children acquire the tools to deeply understand the world. I enjoy my time when I'm there. It's wonderful watching the children discover that foam objects go UP in a wind tunnel when they "drop" them. The sand and water table allows children to see what happens when water breaks through the "dams" they've built. And the animals are always a huge hit. All animals on display are native. There are other animals which the staff uses for demonstration and educational purposes. The new "Forces!" exhibit comes out later this month. Stay tuned!

Visited May 2013
Redwood City, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Good for adults too”
Reviewed 30 March 2013

My husband and I had not been there in years since our children were small. They have made vast improvements and it was fun watching the animals and looking at the displays. Great place to take kids!

Visited October 2012