“Absolutely Terrific”

Cuisines: Asian
San Francisco
“Absolutely Terrific”
Reviewed 18 March 2012

Nothing has changed except my opinion and my opinion of this place was already high. This is one of the best Chinese restaurants in the Bay Area, bar none. It is not fancy but makes up for this with the fastest service you will ever experience and some of the best food you will ever sink your teeth into. I just ate there an hour age and have rated this restaurant before so you can tell this place is special so I will reserve this review for food suggestions. You must try the following:

1. Shanghai Steamed Pork Mini Buns
6. Dry Sautéed String Beans; and
7. Hot and Sour Soup

• Visited March 2012

San Francisco
“If you like Chinese food, get your face in this place!”
Reviewed 7 November 2011

I cannot believe that I just learned about The Noodle Shop. My goodness, this is a terrific little Chinese restaurant. If you like authentic spicy Chinese food at unbelievably reasonable prices, this is the place for you. The owners at The Noodle Shop have it right: serve great food at prices that are lower than everyone else around and you will make a lot of money with repeat customers.

You have undoubtedly heard that the best Chinese restaurants are of the hole-in-the-wall variety where very little English is being spoken. This is the exception. It is a nice quaint restaurant and people from all ethnic backgrounds were coming in and out to eat great, and I mean great food. We had black pepper beef, hot and sour soup, pot stickers, egg rolls pork dumplings and pig ears. The food was as good as any Hong Kong restaurant that I have been to and the serving size was enough for me to have lunch the following day.

The service is exceptional. Everyone flashed a smile, and you can tell that a lot of regulars frequent this place. You will be hard pressed to find a better restaurant and I will return frequently because I owe it to myself to try each and every one of the more than two hundred menu items.

• Visited November 2011
San Francisco, California
“Loved, loved, loved this place!!!!”
Reviewed 13 September 2011

Ahh!!!! just looking at the pictures in the menu outside the restaurant makes me want to go in right away. That's how my hubby and I started coming to this restaurant. Every time we are in San Mateo, we must stop by here for a meal. I loved how efficient the server is...the gentleman with the glasses. We never had to wait much for a table or service even when the restaurant is full. I loved those little kettles from which tea is served. My hubby loves the spicy dishes and noodles they have. We tried their Mao's combination soup noodles, combo rice in a bamboo steamer, dumplings, special daily dishes. Oh, my...all of them were good. I especially like their hand pulled noodles. I loved the texture. I really can't stop raving about this restaurant. Will definitely keep coming!!!!

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank hotelbum
San Mateo, California
“When you want noodles, why go anywhere else?”
Reviewed 4 July 2011

For San Mateo this place is great... We aren't in NYC, and we certainly are not in Asia, so I enjoy the noodles for the fact that I am eating some great noodles without having to drive further than 20 minutes from my house. Plus, the art of hand pulled noodles is awesome, and definitely not easy. I want a big bowl right now just thinking about them.

• Visited June 2011
1 Thank jerryfbaby
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“They have some of the best hand pulled noodle dishes, where the noodles are firm and meaty. These noodle dishes are...”
Reviewed 27 December 2007

They have some of the best hand pulled noodle dishes, where the noodles are firm and meaty. These noodle dishes are also complemented by some of the best xiao lon baos in the Bay Area-the skin is firm but not overcooked, and the meat cooked just right, and the soup is savory.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook