“What a dump!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in San Mateo
Seattle, Washington
“What a dump!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

We made reservations for this motel while on a roadtrip and it was a big mistake. The rooms are a mess, dirty carpets, mold on the drapes. Not wanting to even step inside the room was a big clue, but having to sit on the bed was even worse. We wanted a non smoking room, we got a room that smelled like a dirty ashtray, it was disgusting! So my husband went to get us another room and all night we were afraid that something was crawling on the carpet. The mold on the drapes was very thick an the bed sheets felt dirty.

Room Tip: Stay away from this motel
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank 294lisay

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Polish first
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

I never have been to San Francisco, so when I booked my room, I was looking for closeness to airport and price. I wasn't expecting much, because of the low price. I was disappointed that it was a good 15 minute drive from the airport. On the website it claimed to be a mile away. My room wasn't filthy, but I wouldn't call it clean either. My girlfriend and I are adventurous and don't lay aroundmuch, so we just used the room to sleep and shower. Not sure if we would bring our kids here,but for the two of us it served it's purpose.

• Stayed July 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

Accidentally booked this through a third party booking site (must have clicked on the wrong link). I would have never intentionally booked this place. I would call it a dump but that would be insulting to dumps across the country. It was absolutely filthy. We could not go without shoes as the floor left socks/feet black. It also appeared as if it was little more than a low income tenement house. If I could have gotten out of my contract I would have. Looking back I would have probably been better served to just sleep in the car with the kids and eat the cost of the room. One weird thing, there was a flat screen TV in the room. That money would have been far better invested had they paid to deep clean the rooms.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel, ANY different hotel, or sleep in your car, anything other than taking your...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Jean1145
Stockton, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

My sister got us rooms at this hotel on a discount web site as we wanted to spend a few days near San Mateo. I wish we had read the reviews here first as we would never have stayed here.
This is the WORST place I have ever stayed. I was afraid to take my shoes off in the room as the carpet was so stained. We arrived during the heat wave last month (May 2014), the day it was 97 in San Francisco. When we got the room, it was well over 100 degrees inside and did the room did not have AC. We were able to open the crank style windows and at least get the air moving. Our fan did not work and the front desk manager (an unfriendly man) handed me a box with a fan in it to use. We had to assemble the very cheap fan!!!! When I returned to the front desk to get a screw driver so we could put it together, thre same manager asked me why we didn't just use our fingers. He eventually, at my urging, turned up a screw driver for us.

The much friendlier manager we saw the next morning told me that most of the hotel was filled with low income residents and no improvements of any type were going to be made as the hotel was going to be torn down. That cannot happen soon enough as far as I am concerned.

All I can say is until it is torn down, do not stay here, it is filthy and noisy, the beds are uncomfortable and it is not worth the money saved. I've stayed in Motel 6's that were 5 Star in comparison to this place, if I could I would give it a minus 5 star rating

Room Tip: There aren't any, do not stay here
Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank kathybussey
San Mateo
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

It seemed as if it was an apartment complex. The people who were there were all very nice but it was more of a party pad and it went on all night long. The rooms smelled of smoke and were not cleaned well.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

2 Thank Tiffani D
Langen, Germany
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013

This is a dirty,filthy and totally run down establishment! Dirt everywhere, paintis falling down from the wall, not even one coathanger!filthy carpets, chair was spotted with??? I can only warn everybody DO NOT BOOK THERE! Obviously a lot of socially desperate long term renters... Worst place I ever stayed in!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
5 Thank Ichwarnochnirgends
Taguig City, Philippines
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2013

Was desperate for a night in the hillsdale area for a last minute thing. BIG MISTAKE. The 70 us dollars i paid was so so so not equivalent to what this old, dark, moldy, musty and just overall filthy room straight out of the 70's. pillows were so thin you'd think they were blankets. plus the room they assigned to me was in front of a garbage bin. i tried to lay down to rest but the noise from the thin walls of occupants was too much, and this was at 4pm. Bathroom was dirty like they hadn't serviced the room in weeks.

Room Tip: unless you need to be near the hillsdale mall area, stay clear of this motel.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled solo