“clean, curteous, surprising”

Holiday Inn San Mateo-San Francisco SFO
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in San Mateo
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 18 September 2011

Recently I found myself in need of a hotel near downtown San Francisco for a training program. After checking prices downtown, I decided to check for hotels in the surrounding area, and needless to say San Mateo did not disappoint. Among the highlights of this particular venue were auto sense lighting, a coffee maker whith an excellent roast seleciton on hand, and a shower bench underneath the shower (which really helped me relax while waking up in the mornings). I can honestly say I was NOT expecting such comforts for the price I paid, but lo and behold there they were. This venue was truly a bargain and i would recommend it to anyone looking for a quiet place to wind-down in the San Francisco area.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 7 September 2011

The new decor and warm and friendly staff set this Holiday Inn apart from others. I was so pleasantly surprised by how pretty and comfortable this hotel is starting from checking in, with the cozy restaurant (great breakfast!) and bar to the left of the reception desk, to the clean halls and rooms, complete with nice size flat screen tvs. I was greeted by Rema, and she went out of her way make sure I had everything I needed for my visit, and she was just great. The staff really seemed to enjoy working there which only made the stay better. I highly recommend staying at this very pleasant hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 September 2011

I came in at 1am to SFO after a long flight, this hotel was ten minutes away from the airport. I was only seeking a nice bed and a clean bathroom. It was clean and quiet. The bathroom was nice and clean and the room was altogehter spacious and comfy. I suggest this hotel to all those who need to get an early flight or who come in late at night to SFO. They have a shuttle to and from the airport, you have to call the reception so to make sure they have it ready for you, they compromise to have it ready for you in the next half an hour, mine was there after fifteen minutes, the driver Arturo explained to me how the Air Train at the airport worked so to get my rental car as quick as possible, I will stay here again for sure.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 September 2011

Stayed three nights at the hotel and would recommend it to everyone...Large and spacious rooms...Loved the decor!!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 September 2011

The help at the counter was sooo personable there. The agent named Rema, helped me decide where to visit on my vacation to San Francisco. I'd rented a car and gotten lost and she even helped me turn around and come back to her hotel. This lady made me feel very well taken care of and I very much felt welcome. I highly recommend this hotel and would refer any of my associates to stay there too.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 September 2011

The room was very large in size and very updated. Everything was very clean. Close to the freeway, so we could hear some noise, but not much at all. I was disappointed that breakfast was not offered for free, so we ate elsewhere. Also, the curtains did not shut all the way, so the sun came in our room very early in the morning. Overall, a very clean and nice room.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 August 2011

Clean suites, Excellent restaurant with nice bar. Staff very helpful. Rema and Kara will be glad
to help anyone, they are excellent at the front desk. Enjoyed my stay overall very well.

Room Tip: Talk with Rema, she is really good, very friendly, Kara also is very helpful, friendly
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
#10 of 12 in San Mateo
San Mateo Marriott San Francisco Airport
San Mateo SFO Airport Hotel
Howard Johnson Express San Mateo

Been to Holiday Inn San Mateo-San Francisco SFO? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn San Mateo-San Francisco SFO

Address: 330 N Bayshore Blvd, San Mateo, CA 94401-1235
Region: United States > California > San Mateo
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#1 Green Hotel in San Mateo
#3 Family Hotel in San Mateo
Price Range: £70 - £213 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Holiday Inn San Mateo-San Francisco SFO 3*
The Holiday Inn & Suites San Mateo / San Francisco SFO is the newest and most modern hotel in the area. Conveniently located off US-101, we are situated among fine dining, world-renowned attractions, endless shopping possibilities and vast business opportunities. Our prime location places you within minutes from the San Francisco International Airport, Downtown San Francisco, Golden Gate Park, Monster Park, San Mateo Expo Center, Downtown San Mateo, AT&T Park, Half Moon Bay, East Bay, Pier 39, Alcatraz, Fisherman's Warf, Hillsdale Mall, Pacifica Beach, Golden Gate Bridge and is a short drive from Napa and Sonoma Valley which hosts some of the finest vineyards in the world. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn San Mateo-San Francisco SFO reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn San Mateo-San Francisco Sfo Hotel San Mateo