“Nice hotel and service”

Holiday Inn San Mateo-San Francisco SFO
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in San Mateo
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 25 July 2013

I have been frequently visiting redwood shores for business and prefer to stay in this hotel. Very nice hotel and service. From front desk staff Rema has been very supportive. She very intelligently handled my queries and I booked this hotel for coming 2 weeks in advance.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Vineet J

Reviewed 19 July 2013 via mobile

We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite which suited our family of 5 very well. The staff was very accommodating & friendly. Pleasantly surprised by the restaurant. We save well over $100 per night by staying here vs. San Francisco. It was a 35 minute drive in traffic to Pier 39 which we really didn't mind. I would have given this hotel 5 stars if the wifi & cable wasn't so terrible. The hotel doesn't have a pool but seeing the area tends to be usually chilly it didn't matter much to us. Although an indoor would have been wonderful.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 3 July 2013

We recently utilized the Holiday Inn San Mateo as the base of operations for a family reunion. The sales manager, Mr. Ray Gonzalez, did an excellent job of coordinating during the months leading up to the event. I was able to easily arrange 10+ rooms and multiple group meals prior to arriving in the Bay Area. The rooms were in outstanding condition, and the dining facilities exceeded expectations. I highly recommend this facility to anybody planning a group event.

Room Tip: The Presidential Suite on the 4th floor provides ample room to host a group of 20+.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Lahcen A
Reviewed 2 July 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at another holiday inn near this property and I have made the change as well as refer my clients to this location. Clean rooms, quiet, safe, friendly front desk staff. Would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Our_Journey05
Reviewed 29 June 2013

We ended up here after deciding not to stay where our original reservation was locate (The comfort inn.) Its about 100 yards past the comfort inn but a world of difference. It cost us $36 more to move over here but was worth every penny! The staff is nice and helpful, the rooms are clean and roomy, the atmosphere in general is good. I would stay here again. (Don't go the cheap route and stay next door, if you are considering it read my post and look at the pics)

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 June 2013

the room was very clean and spacious. The air conditioner unit/heater was not as precise in controlling the temperature as I have experienced in other hotels but was good once I figured it out. There is no bellman service to watch your bags securely but the front desk and housekeeping staff watched our bags for the day while we checked out the city without any problems. We appreciate them doing that for us; it saved us having to pay for storage at the airport or another hotel night but be aware that it is not as secure as a real bell service for storage of bags. The free shuttle to the airport was helpful and the drivers were courteous and flexible.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HI_Traveller_12
Reviewed 5 June 2013

This ihotel was something else. I have stayed at many holiday inns across the us and this was probably one of the top iones I stayed at. It was well kept clean the beds were nice..just overall amazing.If I ever comeback I am definetley staying here

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Bay Landing Hotel
#2 of 12 in Burlingame
Crowne Plaza San Francisco Airport
Holiday Inn Express San Francisco Airport South

Been to Holiday Inn San Mateo-San Francisco SFO? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn San Mateo-San Francisco SFO

Address: 330 N Bayshore Blvd, San Mateo, CA 94401-1235
Region: United States > California > San Mateo
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#1 Green Hotel in San Mateo
#3 Family Hotel in San Mateo
Price Range: £87 - £257 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Holiday Inn San Mateo-San Francisco SFO 3*
The Holiday Inn & Suites San Mateo / San Francisco SFO is the newest and most modern hotel in the area. Conveniently located off US-101, we are situated among fine dining, world-renowned attractions, endless shopping possibilities and vast business opportunities. Our prime location places you within minutes from the San Francisco International Airport, Downtown San Francisco, Golden Gate Park, Monster Park, San Mateo Expo Center, Downtown San Mateo, AT&T Park, Half Moon Bay, East Bay, Pier 39, Alcatraz, Fisherman's Warf, Hillsdale Mall, Pacifica Beach, Golden Gate Bridge and is a short drive from Napa and Sonoma Valley which hosts some of the finest vineyards in the world. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn San Mateo-San Francisco SFO reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn San Mateo-San Francisco Sfo Hotel San Mateo