Holiday Inn San Mateo-San Francisco SFO
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Room Service
  • Pool
All reviewsfront desksan franciscoroom was spacious and cleanoff the highwayother hotelsdidn't hear a thingbusiness tripbedroom suiteonsite restaurantclose to the airportrooms are bigeasy accesslobby areafree parkingminute driveupon checkcoyote point
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

Service was good, they asked if I wanted the extra points or a snack and water. Room is clean and stocked appropriately. Would be nice to have a better tv, this one works fine but a bit too small for my liking.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ken D
Reviewed 26 April 2014

I was staying at this hotel for 2 weeks in the month of April. I am writing this review to thank the staff members who were not only very nice and committed, they even helped me during my medical emergency. One night, out of nowhere I got a chest pain which gave me breathing problem and severe pain. The receptionist Rema on seeing my problem, acted quickly and arranged for another staff member Philip to go and purchase medicines prescribed by my Brother (who is a Doctor in Arkansas) through phone. After I got the medicines, receptionist Rema and Afa were following up with me frequently to see if I needed to be taken to emergency ward or not. After few hours, I became alright.I am very grateful to them. Also the cleaning staff was very dedicated and loved to do their job with perfection. I recommend this hotel. However, if people are looking for a hotel with free breakfast service, I don't recommend this because it is not there in this hotel.

1  Thank Kenny K
FOM_HISanMateo, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn San Mateo-San Francisco SFO, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2014

Dear CyrToronto,

We appreciate you taking the time to acknowledge Phillip, Rema and Afa in helping you during your medical emergency. While we know these can be scary moments, especially when away from home, I am glad that they were able to accommodate you in your time of need. I hope that you are feeling better, and we wish you well!

Cheers!

Reviewed 24 April 2014

The hotel staff are warm, friendly, and helpful. The rooms are spacious, clean, and modern. It is fairly quiet at night, especially if you are in a room not facing the highway. It would be nice if they provided a free breakfast buffet and refrigerator in the room.

Room Tip: Get a room that does not face the highway.
1  Thank courosh

Dear courosh,

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for your kind comments regarding the service provided by our team members, and we look forward to sharing them with the team. While we do not offer complimentary breakfast, we do have a restaurant available for breakfast, lunch and dinner from 6am-11pm. Also, we do have a small amount of refrigerators that we can provide upon request and availability. We do hope to see you again on your next visit to the San Mateo or SFO area.

Cheers!

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Haven't stayed in too many Holiday Inn's, but glad that I made the exception for this one. We chose it mainly due to the location and decent Tripadvisor reviews. Location was right off of the 101, although it is a little funky getting on and off the highway to the hotel. If you are going north on the 101, the exit drops you off literally at the doorstep. Going south on the 101 requires a little maneuvering, but still doable.

We has a suite, which was quite spacious for the price. The room was very quiet on the 4th floor, tucked in the corner. Internet connection was excellent and internet was free, as it should be in Silicon Valley. Do not expect any 4 star extras, but this is a solid 3 star property. Room and interior of the hotel are well maintained. General area doesn't look inviting, but just a block away is a clean middle class residential neighborhood.

Staff was always pleasant and helpful, not that we needed too much during our stay. In summary, I can recommend this hotel, especially if you need a convenient location to San Mateo.

Room Tip: We were in 4017, a corner suite which was quiet, but had very good internet connection.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank twhite4809
FOM_HISanMateo, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn San Mateo-San Francisco SFO, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Dear twhite4809,

We are so glad that you enjoyed your recent stay with us! We hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Nice and helpful personnel like the ones I met at this hotel are always greatly appreciated, specially after a long flight. Hotel rooms are spacious and contain what one may need. WiFi was temporarily off but was fixed later in the day. I also enjoyed the bar and the breakfast lounge. I had nothing to complain about other than the fact that all hotels in this area appear to be over priced and the air condition was a bit noisy.

Room Tip: My room located on the west side of third floor was quiet.
1  Thank boroushan

Dear WandererBo,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us! I am so glad to hear that the staff were helpful to you during your stay. We all hope to see you again on your next visit to the area!