San Mateo SFO Airport Hotel
Hilton Garden Inn San Mateo(San Mateo)(Great Value!)
US$303
US$245
US$224
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/San Mateo(San Mateo)(Great Value!)
US$223
Best Western Coyote Point Inn(San Mateo)(Great Value!)
US$167
US$143
Los Prados Hotel(San Mateo)
US$168
US$234
US$224
US$187
TripAdvisor
All reviewsrough edgesbreakfast includedflight was delayedtv channelsair conditionerwould stay againparking lotmicrowavesocketshallway
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I booked this hotel through Priceline and just like the other reviewer mentioned, there was a mix up and I found out that I was going to get a room with one bed. Now I had specifically mentioned that I was travelling with my wife and two children and really needed two beds. The manager on duty (Rowena, a very sweet lady) tried to accomodate us by getting a rolloever bed first, but that did us no good as the room had no space for the rollover bed.

It had a very tiring night as my flight was delayed by a couple of hours, and then I was stuck with hundreds of other passengers in the Hertz Car rental location (more on that later). SO when it all said and done, I had reached the hotel about 4 hours later than I had anticipated. And since I was flying from the east coast, the time the I got to the hotel was around 4 am.

Rowena really sensed my frustration and the fatigue that I was going through. I have to give kudos to her for going out of her way to accomodate us by upgrading us to King Bed suite. This gave us plenty of room to accomodate the rollover bed and everyone was happy.

As for the hotel itself, it is located right next to the Holiday Inn - a sister hotel. I was able to use the fitness room at Holiday Inn as this hotel did not have one. The location of the hotel is quite convenient too as it's located right off the highway. Breakfast was complimentary and had the usual fare. There is a laundry room with two washers and a dryer so my wife was able to get our laundry done instead of having ti bring home all the dirty clothes. There was ample parking and that too was free. All in all, not a bad deal. Have to compliment Rowena for going above and beyond to help us.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank kenpoguy
Reviewed 9 August 2014

There was a mix-up when I booked thru Priceline but Rowena and Rema (From the next door Holiday Inn) worked really hard to accommodate my wife and two children. It made our stay very enjoyable. Rowena made sure to check on us daily and the Hotel's manager walked around during breakfast (Which is nice and Plentiful and included in the stay) and asked if everything was ok with your stay.

This was an awesome Hotel and would stay again... The AC was great!!! The mattresses were super comfortable!!! An all around good place to stay!!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank EricStarcher1974
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Despite some of the reviews for this hotel from other advisors. I have to rate it as found. We were a party of six (three couples) we booked several days in advance of arriving in San Francisco as four of us were flying out from San Mateo at midday. On arrival in Frisco we rang the hotel who confirmed our rooms were booked and we could book in at any time. This suited us as we wanted to see as much of San Francisco as possible in the one day we had there. We actually arrived at the hotel at midnight. The desk was manned with three ladies, a supervisor, a desk clerk and a girl who had just started that evening. The reception was far from welcoming, the reson becoming apparent when the ssupervisor advised us that they had no rooms. At this point, four youngsters walked in with their luggage, to tell the supervisor that when they entered their room, it was already occupied with people in bed! After a fairly lengthy time, they were given transport to another hotel accross the bridge. The supervisor left the office and at about twelve thirty rang the desk from somewhere asking to speak to someone from our party. The outcome was that they had no rooms, but they would provide two rooms for us in another hotel but we would have to pay! We were not prepared to accept this, and insisted we be given three rooms at a hotel local to the airport. The supervisor refused to come to the desk to speak to us direct saying she was now off duty. The remaining clerk was full of apologies but had no authority to do anything. We asked for details of Senior managers for the hotel including the CEO, who I was prepared to get out of bed. She had no such information at all, nothing even on hotel paper letterheads. However she eventually raised a duty manager (who we found out was at a local Holiday Inn) she authorised the clerk to find us accommodation at another hotel, at no charge to us. The only hotel (in San Francisco ??) available, was the Crown Plaza back across the bridge. We had no option other than to accept, as by this time it was one thirty in the morning. I have to add, while this was going on, there was another couple there who had no room despite it being booked, plus a family of four in the same position, also airline staff who had been sent over from the Holiday Inn !! It was a complete fiasco
We eventually got to the Crown Plaza, whose staff were super, just after two in the morning, shattered!
From this saga, you will appreciate I am unable to comment on the rooms at the Airport Hotel, or the services offered. Needless to say, neither I or my friends will use this hotel again, and it raises questions on the whole Holiday Inn chain, if this hotel is one of theirs?

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Wilfred Brian C
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I chose this hotel for the price and convenient location to my destination. There were good reviews and the photos made it look nicer than it is. Really I don't think it is nearly as nice as the photos make it look. An dthe reviews are way too nice. Yes they give you wifi but the connection is SO slow. The door to the room has gaps even when closed but at least the deadbolt locks. I reserved a 1 Queen bedroom and got 2 but the second bed was so warped it us unusable. I laughed out loud when i saw it. The carpet and furniture are old and the furniture is scuffed up pretty bad. The bathroom is clean at least. The sheets are also clean. I can tell because they smell heavy of bleach. But the room itself smells a bit musty. Probably was once a smoking room. East interstate access though, I won't stay here again even at the price because it's worth to me to get a bit nicer place when traveling on business. Maybe they gave me a dud because i booked on expedia. more like a roadway inn than a "classic" hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Jennifer S
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

I feel this hotel gets too many negative reviews!! I wanted to set the record straight and write a positive review!! Hotel is clean, comfy beds, delicious large breakfast, friendly staff and great location. Carpet is a little dated but other than that it is great!! Will recommend to friends and family!!

Stayed: July 2014