“Greate Hotel”

Hilton Garden Inn San Mateo
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in San Mateo
Reviewed 8 July 2013

A good business class hotel with great and helpful staff. However the shuttle services are quite late but definitely and good place to stay. The brkfst facility also really nice. I bet to stay once more at my next trip.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 8 July 2013

I select my hotels mainly by trip adviser reviews, and location. This hotel is convenient to shopping and restaurants. I was in San Mateo for an Art Workshop, so this worked as a place to rest before and after my class. Front desk very helpful in recommending restaurants.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Great staff. Efficient and friendly service. Food is reasonably priced and of good quality. The rooms are clean and quiet. The location is walking distance to a shopping area and some restaurants. It also close to a major shopping mall at Hillsdale, San Mateo. The distance to the San Francisco is only about 22 miles out. It also a short distance from the Silicon Valley. Great place to stay for business or pleasure.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 July 2013

This hotel was the perfect location, the perfect breakfast and the perfect bed. The staff was helpful and friendly. As a woman traveling with two kids, I would say this place is Awesome. There is free parking and there are plenty of nice options for food in the neighborhood including a grocery store. The neighborhood is also nice.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 July 2013

When visiting San Francisco we stay at The Argonaut in Fisherman's Warf area. No rental car needed, all in walking distance. This year we traveled South on spectacular PCH (Pacific Coast Hwy) to San Diego. Argonaut has become outrageously expensive over the years, including overnight parking. In the boom dot.com era I used to stay on the Valley, so I convinced my wife to forget The Argonaut. As you can see from my other reviews, I become financially responsible abandoning the ultra expensive downtown hotels in favor of equally nice suburbs modern hotels. Hilton here I come! It was excellent! Clean, quiet, good breakfast, pool, nice canal community just behind hotel, shops and restaurants not far away and 20 min driving to San Francisco downtown. However, a car to park San Francisco downtown is both challenging and indecently expensive. Anyway, we know SF by heart already and focused on places with free street parking like Art Palace, parks, Embarcadero area, land's end, just as a SF refresher. I picked San Mateo for two more reasons. First because I listen over the Internet to Jazz FM 91.1 Bay Area ( same name, same frequency like in my home town). Secondly because I LOVE so much the hwy 92 from San Mateo to Half Moon Bay over the mountain. I love so much driving topless ( I mean my rental convertible top down ... not what you imagined:)) this beautiful road. So let's start the PCH adventure; next step Carmel at Svendsgaard's Inn.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 July 2013

I stayed here with a friend in May for the Maker Faire event in San Mateo. The Hilton Garden Inn wasn't my first choice, but the main hotel for the event was sold-out. We had a bad first impression when I called the hotel from the airport to be picked up and was told we would have to wait 45 minutes to an hour, so we took a taxi to the hotel. When we arrived at the hotel, an apologetic staff member told us there was a problem with their free airport shuttle transportation service that day, and he gave us a couple of complimentary breakfasts, which that pretty much equalled the cost of the taxi (our group rate had not included breakfast). That gesture turned out to be representative of the high quality of the entire hotel staff. Our room was spacious enough and the beds were very comfortable. The hotel, like the neighboring hotels, is in a nondescript area, and you'd probably want to have a car to go anywhere interesting. On our departure day, we used the free shuttle to the airport and waited no longer than 15 minutes for pickup by a courteous driver. Overall, our stay was just fine.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank timdsd
Reviewed 25 June 2013

We enjoyed our two nught stay in this hotel. Room and accomidations were excellent. Food service was very good. I would give it a 10 out 0f 10. It is located in a quiet area and is close to shopping and fine restaurants as well as close to San Francisco. We had a great time and would deffinetly stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near San Mateo
San Mateo Marriott San Francisco Airport
Best Western Coyote Point Inn
Holiday Inn San Mateo-San Francisco SFO
Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/San Mateo
Courtyard San Mateo Foster City
Crowne Plaza Foster City - San Mateo

Been to Hilton Garden Inn San Mateo? Share your experiences!