“Great rooms & Accomodating Management”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Los Prados Hotel

Los Prados Hotel
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in San Mateo
Nevada City, California
“Great rooms & Accomodating Management”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2014

I was set to stay here for a nearby seminar for two nights. I toured the room and found the property and rooms to be nice. The rooms were very clean with microwave and refrigerators. I needed a kitchenette due to severe dietary restrictions so didn't stay. The manager was very nice and accommodating about my needs. The manager let me give up the reservation without penalty. I was very impressed over their concern about my comfort as eating out is very difficult with food allergies. Kudos to old style business where the customer's comfort comes first. I ended up at another hotel with a kitchenette with a lessor quality room but stove & refrigerator that I needed.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Turkish first
Yuba City, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

Nice big room with comfortable bed, flat screen tv and fresh, non beat up furniture. Nice big room with comfortable bed. Clean, friendly. Close to a lot of restaurants, shopping, etc. Room 119 is under the conference room but after 6pm it is quiet. I travel a lot and this was a great place at a good price. Fridge, microwave, coffee pot, etc. Close to freeway but pretty quiet.

Room Tip: I think they might all be good but like I said, 119 is under their conference room. They close it at...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Fairfax, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

The Best Western San Mateo has some definite advantages:

— At $100-$110 per room per night, it is one of the cheapest in the area.
— The location was convenient to the event that brought us to the Bay area, and the hotel is just off of Interstate 101.
— The Marina Plaza next door has several excellent Asian restaurants – Chinese, Japanese, and Korean, as well as a Denny’s.
— The shower massage setting on the shower head is the best that I’ve ever had in a hotel.
— The hotel staff was generally quite friendly and courteous.

All the advantages, however, could not overcome a big negative – we were put in a room without a functioning heater. When we turned on the combination AC/heater wall unit, it made a terrific racket and did not blow out any air. We put up with it for most of our stay, but, when I brought it to the hotel manager’s attention, the maintenance person was unable to repair it. Although the receptionist offered us an extra blanket and to relocate us, we decided that we didn’t want to have the hassle of changing rooms on our last night. In addition, while fairly standard including a waffle maker, the breakfast was rather limited in its offerings and the breakfast area was too small for a hotel with so many rooms.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Mike U

Travellers are raving about these San Mateo hotels

Auburn, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

No need to be concerned about proximity to freeway and the way it's tucked away behind a mini-strip mall -- this Best Western is a very well kept motel and offered us a GREAT night's sleep. We were only looking for a comfortable bed, a clean room, and quiet -- the reception staff was helpful/nice and we would definitely stay there again. (We were upgraded to a king and that helped, too.)

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

This is a good, comfortable hotel. We like BestWestern because of comfortable beds and convenient locations. This did not disappoint. Although it is a bit far from San Francisco, we drove to the Hillsdale Caltrain station (about 1 mile from the hotel) and took the train into the city. It costs $5 to park and $10 each for a day pass for the train. So, for $25 a couple can travel downtown and back and not have to worry about driving and parking, etc.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mike L
Davis, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

We enjoyed this hotel. Obviously, convenience is in the eye of the beholder but I prefer Best Western & its affiliates because of consistently good service, comfortable rooms and locations that are easily accessible from main roads & close to dining/shopping. The Los Prados is exactly that. I was tired when we checked in and the desk clerk didn't miss a beat getting us a room with what we needed. The bed was fantastic, the room was clean and the breakfast selection was great. Internet signal is a plus as well. It is a fine stay for around $100.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

San Diego, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

Having stayed at a couple of different Best Westerns (all of which left a positive impression on me), this is by far the worst I've ever stayed at.

I didn't spot anything horrible like bedbugs, but it was just extremely run-down. I felt like a Motel 6 would've been cleaner/nicer.

The good thing is that it's one of the cheapest places in the area. However, if I were to do it over again, I would stay around Emeryville (Oakland) and risk being jacked than stay here.

There were kids/teenagers (only a few years younger than me) that were outside the rooms in the parking lot and partying all night. Staff didn't bother dealing with them at all.

It's too far from SF to be considered convenient.

To sum up, I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business