Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/San Mateo
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in San Mateo
Bengaluru, India
“Memorable”
Reviewed 10 May 2012

I stayed in Residence Inn San Mateo for more than two months when I've been to California on a Business trip. I would recommend this Hotel strongly. Go for it.

Room Tip: Check if the Wifi Signal is good before checking into the rooms. Some of the rooms have poor signal.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Hugo H, General Manager at Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/San Mateo, responded to this review, 11 May 2012
Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post this valuable review and recommend our Residence Inn by Marriott San Mateo.
Our team appreciates your business and hope to see you when you come back to the San Francisco area.

Best regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Bangalore, India
Reviewed 6 May 2012

I would say this as my second "sweet" home. Usually I stay for atleast 2 months in every trip and I never felt that I was away from my home during my stay here. Nice kitchen, good amenities, wonderful, welcoming and very helpful front desk executives and very pleasant n peaceful surroundings. I really appreciate the management for keeping it upgraded with new stuff when and where required. I would like to thank "Jose" who is more than a friend and makes a big difference during every trip of mine. Special thanks to Neida, Marco, Lombardo, Rosa and Adela for making my stay comfortable. Easy accessible to malls, restaraunts and rail service.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Hugo H, General Manager at Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/San Mateo, responded to this review, 17 May 2012
Dear Guest,

First I want to thank you for taking the time to write about your second home!
We appreciate your business and loyalty to our Residence Inn by Marriott San Mateo. I would like to thank you for recognizing our associates as they are our most valuable asset. I will make sure they are aware of your comments.

Reviewed 26 April 2012

This is a great oasis! Very high service quality - staff did all they could for you. Great location, walking distance to two shopping centers and bus stops (however you need to be related to Einstein to understand how that system works!), clean and nice surroundings. Great pool and hot tub, several areas where you could make your own barbecue at the hotel area - great if you are staying a bit longer (I was there 13 nights because my wife was undergoing a medical procedure). A "hidden" buffé on the second floor for free! Serving an evening snack (and sometimes beer and wine) for the guests. Same place as their really great breakfast was served. Kitchen and rooms very clean and almost new. Cleaning ladies very nice. The only bad thing was that the shuttle was not a real shuttle. Only run twice a day and meant for people who worked in the area. Free internet pretty slow - poor to varying speeds. We bought a 4G Verizon puck and that worked fine!

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to the center of the complex away from the highway. The suites with two levels...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Hugo H, General Manager at Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/San Mateo, responded to this review, 30 April 2012
Dear Guest,

The Residence Inn by Marriott in San Mateo team wants to thank you for staying at our property. We are very glad our property was up to your expectations and we thank you for taking the time to write this review.
We hope to see you in a near future!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 11 April 2012

Stayed here with our two dogs for a weekend in transit through San Francisco. The room was nicely decorated and clean, and has a comfortable feel to it. The immediate surrounding area is quite pleasant, and convenient with a mall nearby (3-minute drive). The drive to the airport is 10-15 minutes, which is also convenient for our purposes as well. When we wanted to go take the dogs for a hike, there was even a choice of trails within 20-minute drive. Front desk was friendly and helpful. All in all, a good experience, and especially appreciated as someone traveling with pets.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Hugo H, General Manager at Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/San Mateo, responded to this review, 13 April 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay in our Residence Inn. I’m very happy that you and your dogs enjoyed our facility. I will make sure to share your comments with our staff as they take pride in the job they do.

Leesburg, Virginia
Reviewed 3 March 2012

As I travel to the San Mateo area four to five times per year and usually stay for a full week, I always try and book the Residence Inn to take advantage of the kitchen and the great breakfast. While the hotel is starting to get a bit dated compared to the newer Residence Inns I have stayed at across the country the staff in San Mateo more than makes up for it. I always feel welcome from check in to check out and they go out of their way to make a full week away from home tolerable.

The rooms are very clean and the fully equipped kitchen is a major plus while trying to eat healthy on the road. Breakfast is served from 6:30am to 9:00am and has a large variety of typical breakfast foods that always satisfy plus hot coffee, juice and milk. The breakfast attendant is efficient and courteous and greats guests with a smile even early in the morning and the happy hour from 5:30pm to 7:00pm during the week is also a nice treat.

The other thing I really enjoy about this hotel is the quick access to the running paths that border the canals in San Mateo and Foster City. Take a left out of the hotel and continue onto Vista Del Mar which leads to the path. Once on the path you can take a left or a right and map out great runs of any distance along the water.

This is a great hotel for extended stays and has a great staff to make you feel welcome.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank David D
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay in our Residence Inn here in San Mateo. I’m very happy our facility and amenities met your needs. I will make sure to share your comments with our staff as they take pride in the job they do. We appreciate your loyalty and hope to see you in a near future.

San Diego, California
Reviewed 9 February 2012

I wasn't sure what to expect but enjoyed my stay so much I took time to write a review! The hotel staff seemed to be a family? They were very friendly and seemed to go out of their way to make eveyone's stay comfortable. The maids actually watched when people left the rooms so they could clean at convenient times. The breakfast buffet was well stocked and had different hot items daily. There is also happy hour with appetizers daily and a shuttle to drive you to work (which I didn't try). The hotel is near a highway but totally enclosed and the noise wasn't loud inside the room. Not far down the road is shopping and restaurants .

• Stayed February 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay in our Residence Inn here in San Mateo. I’m very happy our facility and amenities met your needs. I will make sure to share your comments with our Residence Inn family as they take pride in the job they do. We appreciate your loyalty and hope to see you in a near future.

Foster City, California
Reviewed 31 January 2012

Older style Residence Inn with multiple buildings. Has been kept up to date with decor but outer doors are a little tough to be certain they are locked. Some of the buildings face fairly busy roads so better to ask for a more interior room. Location is close to both Rt 92 and Rt 101 so easy to get around. Also several restaurants very close along with Target for anything that you forget. There are a lot of people that stay here for long periods. They do not provide airport transportation but the taxi service works out well.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MOBX
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay in our Residence Inn here in San Mateo. I’m very happy our facility and amenities met your needs. We appreciate your business and hope to see you in a near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near San Mateo
Hilton Garden Inn San Mateo
San Mateo Marriott San Francisco Airport
Best Western Coyote Point Inn
Courtyard San Mateo Foster City
Holiday Inn San Mateo-San Francisco SFO
Crowne Plaza Foster City - San Mateo

Been to Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/San Mateo? Share your experiences!