“Great business and vacation hotel”

Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/San Mateo
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in San Mateo
Reviewed 20 February 2013

I and my team stayed here for over 2 weeks last year. It is very good hotel with great rooms, nice service and friendly staff. The kitchen is fully equipped and the room amenities are good for a long stay as well. The breakfast options are a little limited, but they make up for the same with the evening snacks.

The staff is extremely helpful and always ready to serve you better. The location is good as there are shopping malls and restaurants close by. Would recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Hugo H, General Manager at Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/San Mateo, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2013

Dear Guest,

I want to THANK YOU for taking the time to complete this review regarding your and your team stay at our Residence Inn by Marriott San Mateo.

We are glad that our facilities were able to accommodate your needs. I will share your nice comments with our staff as they take pride on the job they do.

Thank you again and hope to see you in a near future.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 6 January 2013

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room is spacious with a large well equipped kitchen for being a hotel. The only bad thing about our room was that it had a large gap around the seal of the door so the sitting area was very cold.
I left a brand new pair of boots still, in the box, at the hotel in our room. I called the hotel to ask if housekeeping picked them up, and to my surprise they had them and were very happy to mail them to my home. Good to know that the staff if very upstanding and honest! When back to visit my relatives in San Mateo this will definitely be my choice hotel! Thanks again.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Hugo H, General Manager at Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/San Mateo, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2013

Dear Guest,

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding our stay at our Residence Inn by Marriott San Mateo.

I’m glad our facility was up to your expectations and that your boots made it home.

I will share this comment with our staff as they take their job very seriously and work hard to ensure every single guest has a great stay at our hotel.

Reviewed 5 January 2013

Two adults and 2 kids were able to spread out in their 2 bed/2bath 2-storey room. Full Kitchen and 3 tv's. Internet was no charge and there was a very good free hot breakfast (be careful, it ends early) excellent service, clean and spacious room. Park your car near your room, though as I saw evidence of a car broken into near the very edges of the lot.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

I’m glad our facility was able to accommodate you and your family and we hope to see you in a near future.

Reviewed 4 December 2012

Compared to other placed, this hotel is cozy, very personable staff. Beautiful room. Kitchen is a plus and the fireplace make you feel at home. All in all this is a great place to stay at. If you are staying in san Mateo you need to stay here :)

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

I’m glad our facility was up to your expectations and we hope to serve you in a near future.

Reviewed 21 November 2012

I was here on a business trip this October. The staff were very courteous and helpful. Being from India, the facility to cook at the Hotel was better off anything else for me. The hotel also had a play court for volley ball helped us pass time well. All in all a very comfortable place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Hugo H, General Manager at Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/San Mateo, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2012

Dear Guest,

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your experience here at our Residence Inn by Marriott San Mateo. I will make sure to share your comments with our staff as they take pride in the work they do.
I'm happy our facility was up to your expectations and that you had fun during your stay.

Thank you again for your review and hope to see you in a near future.

Reviewed 14 November 2012

I booked into this hotel as I was staying in the Bay area for a week. The room was very comfortable; kitchen with dishwasher, cooker, fridge/freezer and microwave. Large flatscreen TV. Plenty of storage. An iron and ironing board (hooray!). Decent sized bathroom. Comfortable bed.

I was located in a ground floor room in the middle of the complex. I'd advise to do this as road noise is something which rooms at the back of the complex definitely suffer from.

Breakfast choice was varied and good. There is no crockery - just plastic bowls and plates so it's easy to dispose of. I get why the hotel does this but it would be nicer to have crockery rather than picnic-ware.

One good thing is that a supermarket isn't far away. And better still, you can leave your list with reception and they'll do your shopping for you, deliver to your room and add the cost to your bill on check-out.

Room Tip: Choose a room in the middle of the complex to avoid road noise.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Hugo H, General Manager at Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/San Mateo, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your experience here at our Residence Inn by Marriott San Mateo. Your comments are very important to us and I will look into the breakfast comments you provided.

Once again thank you and hope to see you next time you are in the area!

Reviewed 8 November 2012

We extended our San Francisco stay so my son could spend time with friends so we moved from Holiday Inn Express to Residence Inn to give us more space and a living room for them to hang out.
Our room had a full kitchen, living room and two bedrooms and bathrooms, sofa bed and fireplace! Being from Hawaii we don't usually get to use a fireplace so my son made a fire both nights. His friend slept by it one night and he slept next to it the second night.
The included breakfast was great!
We've stayed at Marriott Ko'olina and Kauai. We are becoming great fans of Marriott!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank corki808

Dear Guest,

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your stay at our Residence Inn by Marriott San Mateo.
I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay and it was up to your expectations.
We are also very happy that you are becoming a fan of MARRIOTT!!!

Also consider these accommodations in or near San Mateo
Hilton Garden Inn San Mateo
San Mateo Marriott San Francisco Airport
Best Western Coyote Point Inn
Holiday Inn San Mateo-San Francisco SFO
Extended Stay America - San Francisco - San Mateo - SFO
TownePlace Suites San Mateo Foster City

Been to Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/San Mateo? Share your experiences!