“Excellent place to stay”

Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/San Mateo
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in San Mateo
Reviewed 16 March 2014

This hotel is located about 10 minutes south of San Francisco airport, in sort of a industrial park/wooded setting. Our room was next to a highway but we never heard any noise. The staff was excellent and very friendly and suggested a great place to eat (BJ's bar and grill). The hotel has a OK free breakfast in the morning. I will be staying here the next time I visit the San Francisco are!..Great job staff..keep it up!!

Room Tip: We had a room next to a highway and it was quiet, so I think all room locations are good.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
SanMateoGM, General Manager at Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/San Mateo, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Good day,
First of I wanted to thank you for taking the time and writting a response about your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear that you all enjoyed your recent stay with us and that you got to take advantage of the ammenities we have to offer. I would also like to apologize for placing you next to a highway, again thank you so much for choosing our hotel as your home away from home and hope to see you on your next visit. If there is anything I can assist you with, please feel free to contact me.

650-574-4700 Ext.401

Reviewed 17 January 2014

Located about 10 minutes South of SFO next to CA92 at the west end of the San Mateo Bridge. Convenient on/off highway location without being on the highway. Configured like a town home cluster with walkways, ivy and plantings throughout. Room has a nice small kitchen with breakfast bar. Living room has a TV, work desk and fireplace. WiFi worked well and free breakfast was good with both hot and cold dishes. San Mateo and Burlingame have some excellent restaurants and the hotel is also a few minutes from shopping and a Mall. I stayed here in the 1990's and it has been upgraded nicely since then. We stayed here on New Year's Eve and it was nicely quite!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dennyinsf
SanMateoGM, General Manager at Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/San Mateo, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

Good Day,
I want to thank you for taking the time a writing a review about your recent stay with us. I am also glad to hear that you choose our Hotel as your home away from home and that everything was to your satifasction and you got to experience and enjoy every single ammenitie we offer. I hope your future travels bring you back to our Hotel. Once again thank you so much for staying with us and if there is anything I can assist you with please feel free to contact me.

Reviewed 23 December 2013

We have several relatives in the Bay Area so this serves as a central location for us when we are staying over south of San Francisco. At first, it seems difficult to find as it is surrounded by apartments and freeway overpasses and approaches but it turns out, once you figure out the location, that it is quite close to the west and east bound ramps to the freeway to the East Bay and to cities on the west side like San Mateo and San Francisco. The hotel is actually located in Foster City and not directly in San Mateo, but it is not far from many restaurants and shopping centers.

Our downstairs room seemed to have a bit more noise than the upstairs units we usually reserve, but it was tolerable and not prolonged. The front desk staff was very helpful and the staff taking care of the breakfast buffet were also very good. The room was very clean and everything from the television to the internet worked well.

We have also stayed at the Courtyard, about a mile further into Foster City, but the Res Inn is much more practical if you need the refrigerator and stove. This appears to be one of the older model Residence Inns which has been upgraded in the interior and it looked just fine.

If you stay here, make sure you have a good street map of Foster City/San Mateo or program your GPS to locate the hotel and sites you wish to visit. It will come in very handy late in the evening or when you are tied up in rush hour traffic when all the tech-com businesses close down for the day.

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms may be a bit quieter, but we had no serious sound problems in the first floor unit.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
SanMateoGM, General Manager at Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/San Mateo, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Good day,
First of I hope you and your Family had a great Holiday Season. I would also like to thank you for taking the time and writing a review about your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear that our Hotel worked out great for you and that you got to enjoy all of the ammenities we have to offer. I am sure our readers will be pleased with the detail information you provided for them in regards to our hotel and sorrounding areas. I hope your next visit to our area brings you back to our property and if there is anything I can assist you with please feel free to contact me.

650-574-4700 Ext. 400

Reviewed 11 December 2013 via mobile

Pretty good location and close to good dining locations. The property is comfortable, secure and very clean but slightly dated and can be noisy if on a lower floor. Overall a pretty good experience. I normally stay at this property when located near this site.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
SanMateoGM, General Manager at Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/San Mateo, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

Good day Sir,
Happy Holidays to You and your Family, also thank you very much for taking the time and writing a review regarding your recent stay with us. I am also glad to hear that your overall experience with us was a great one and you had the chance to visit some of our local dinning area's. We hope to see you on your next visit to our area and if there is anything I can assist you with please feel free to contact me.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

Nice and friendly hotel with plenty of complementary parking.
Good internet coverage is also complementary.
We even use the heated pool in December - it's awesome!

Several shopping destinations nearby as well as our favourite Fish Market restaurant.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Good day Sir,
First of I want to wish You and your Family a Happy Holidays, also thank you for choosing our Residence as your Home Away From Home. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that my staff left a great impression on you. We hope to see you on your next visit to our area.If there is anythign I can assit you with please feel free to contact me.

General manager

Reviewed 3 December 2013

My experience with this property has been quite consistent for my trips over the years.
The staff is very helpful and property is maintained very well.

They can improve their breakfast by changing the menu, else it gets very monotonous.

Overall it is a nice place to stay!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
SanMateoGM, General Manager at Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/San Mateo, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Good day,

First of I would like to thank you for taking the time and letting us know of how your recent stay was here with us and areas were we can improve our services. I am glad to hear that you truly enjoyed your stay and that my team members took care of you, I will share this with all of them. In regards to our Breakfast this is something that I am looking at and we will be revamping it in the upcoming weeks to make sure all of our guest get to enjoy it. If there is anything I can assist you with please feel free to contact me and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

I stayed here for a training workshop. I checked in at night. The night manager was very friendly and recognized that I'm an elite member. She gave me a top floor suite on the corner which was quiet where the bedroom is. There are local menus where you can order from for dinner so I did! I had a chicken flat bread that was huge but was very good! In the morning they have breakfast just behind the lobby. Overall I would stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo

Good day,

First of I hope you and your Family had a great thanksgiving. I would also like to thank you for taking the time and letting us know of how your recent stay was here with us. I am glad to hear that you truly enjoyed your stay and that my team members took care of you, I will share this with all of them. If there is anything I can assist you with please feel free to contact me and we hope to see you soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near San Mateo
1 mi away
San Mateo Marriott San Francisco Airport
Hilton Garden Inn San Mateo
Holiday Inn San Mateo-San Francisco SFO
Best Western Coyote Point Inn
Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront
Residence Inn San Francisco Airp...
#6 of 27 in South San Francisco
Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel San Francisco Airport (SFO) - Waterfront

Been to Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/San Mateo? Share your experiences!