“Clean” 3 of 5 bubbles

IHOP
Ranked #155 of 230 Restaurants in San Rafael
Cuisines: American
Good for: Cheap Eats
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: It occurs often to me that what travellers might occasionally want is a small place whee they can be comfortable...no fancy dress-up places nor waiting lines and major domo types standing gueard over seating. In my neighborhood is such a reastuarant, easily found at the west end of the main street. San Rafael is not necessarily "country-town America" but the elements are there...excellent coffee, consistantly satisfying meals and a manager who's comfortable in his job and so are the other members of his "crew". They serve quickly and happily and the prices are reasonable with specials for seniors. I love breakfasts at IHOP.
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
“Clean”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

I had never been to an IHOP so I thought we would try it.

It was clean and the staff was friendly.

I was shocked by the prices ($10 for a plain Belgian waffle).

They had a large menu of fancy pancakes, waffles, crepes, etc. but I'm an old fashioned girl and will stick to Denny's with their cheaper prices.

Covington, KY
“Good coffee and sandwiches”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2013

We stopped for lunch on our way back from Point Reyes. IHOP is always a good choice when you don't know the area. We were seated quickly, our food came right out, and it tasted good. Our server was friendly and efficient. About what you would expect from a well-run IHOP.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
San Rafael, California
“Let's get breakfast at IHOP!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2011

Local residents go the IHOP for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. I particularly love to have breakfast there with a friend; we can read the paper, chat and feel at home. Then the eggs and sausage and pancakes arrive! Coffee at the IHOP is always, always good and the restuarant is conveniently located. If I were visiting San Rafael with plans to go to the beach or San Francisco that particular morning, the IHOP fits into that day so well. The service is cheerful and efficient, the manager has been there for many years and treats everyone with a knowing congeniality.My friends and I appreciate the reasonable prices as well as the way the place operates. There are no pretensions here. Breakfast at Tiffany's? No,we look forward to a comfortable satisfying breakfast at IHOP;

• Visited September 2011