“Great Italian Food in Marin”

Il Davide Restaurant
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 3rd and 4th
Reviewed 17 May 2013

My wife and I have been here several times and we've always had great food. For the pasta dishes, I especially like the Pappardelle ai Tre Funghi and the Orechiette alla Davide. For the meat dishes, the Short Ribs and the Agnello Brasato (lamb shank) are out of this world.

On a warm evening, it's great to dine at one of the sidewalk tables.

Reviewed 14 April 2013

The food was excellent! I had the lamb chop salad (3 lollipop lamb chops on a big plate of mixed greens). My lunch partner had the linguini agli scampi (shrimp) which he raved about. If only I lived in San Rafael I would go here often. Excellent service also.

Reviewed 6 April 2013

I have been to many Italian restaurants these days, and this is another good one to come across.

First dinner i ever had in San Rafael, and nothing but absolutely impressive.
I had the house special, always fish for me of course, and it was splendid. The closest taste of excellency compares to this dish was the Ashton restaurant, Bangkok Thailand.
Everything looks delicious on the menu, no thumps down there. However, they are a bit pricey.

The atmosphere is again, Itlainny warm. You can situate yourself right at their tiny bar when you enter. The bar space was not the jewel of this restaurant anyway, it is the FOOD!! I was informed they have one of the greatest chef there, my friend's opinions. Either way, the chef did an excellent job!!

I recommend this restaurant for all, especially those who live in the city and might want some change. There are some nice places in San Rafael to discover for sure.

Reviewed 22 March 2013

Had not been to Davids for a while, and decided to try it again. This is a very popular spot, so make sure you make a reservation. There were three of us and we all ordered something different. The salads were very good and very generous. Served cold and crisp and not over dressed. The Risotto with seafood was full of fish and very good. The stuffed chicken was also very good. The order of the ravioli combination was served barely warm, and extremely salty. Six Ravioli was the portion. at $18 it was way overpriced.
We will go back again, but I don't think we will become "regulars".

Reviewed 18 March 2013

We have gone to Il Davide many, many times. The food has always been excellent. The people who check you in are either the owner, his son or his daughter. It doesn"t matter who is there because they are all efficient and extremely pleasant. The restaurant is always busy so you need to make a reservation. Besides the check staff being fabulous the wait staff is also outstanding. I personally love the way they fix their calamari steak.