“Mulberry Street Pizzeria”

Mulberry Street Pizzeria
Reserve with OpenTable
Mulberry Street Pizzeria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #33 of 237 Restaurants in San Rafael
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Over all the experience was good. I had the Hal's Pizza and it was huge more than two people could possibly eat. After reading some reviews that the pizza could have been cooked longer I asked to have mine well done and it was perfect. Half price ($2.00) Stella Artois beers during happy hour.

Reviewed 25 December 2013

Owner makes Gordon Ramsey look like Mother Theresa. Terrible service, burnt food, no apologies or compensation - there MUST be better pizza places in San Rafael. Customer service is truly a foreign concept here as there were 3 tables who got up and lett while we were there due to service issues and we finally did too. NOT WORTH YOUR TIME! Run away!

Reviewed 24 December 2013

I live near the Mulberry Street Pizzeria although I do not frequent it often. Tonight we brought our family here for a pre Christmas dinner. It was a Monday night and their was a 49er football game on during the dinner hour. We had reservations for 6 at 6:30PM and arrived a few minutes early. The restaurant is small with about 20 tables and booths. We were informed it would be a few minutes before we could be seated. There were quite a few people standing in the foyer which I think were waiting for "take out pizzas". I overheard the owner talking to his kitchen help in a tone that sounded like he was upset with the way they were putting out the dishes. After we were seated the waitress came by and asked if we wanted to have anything to drink. We placed our order for drinks and when she brought them she asked if we were ready to order. After taking our order and waiting almost 45 minutes I asked where our salads were. She replied," I will bring them when I get them from the kitchen". In the meantime, several other diners who had been seated and also ordered, told the waitress they were not going to wait any longer and left. My daughter who is an "Event Planner with a large corporation" went up to the owner and indicated our dissatisfaction with the wait. Rather than try to placate her, he too said the kitchen was backed up and they were doing the best they could. It was almost as if he didn't care. When we did get our meal, two pastas and 4 pizzas it was about an hour and a half after we had been seated. The pasta was okay,but the two pizzas were burned on the bottom and were not eaten. We told the waitress to give us our bill but we were not paying for the pizzas. We received our abbreviated bill and proceeded to leave. On the way out I talked to the owner and expressed our dissatisfaction with the delay and the bad pizzas. He again said it was the kitchen that was backed up and they hadn't expected to be that busy on a football night.

1  Thank Donald W
Reviewed 21 December 2013

I ate here several times. Their specialty is definitely the pizza. I really liked the mushroom pizza. The lasagna was a bit too heavy on the tomato sauce for me.

Reviewed 9 October 2013 via mobile

This restaurant came highly recommended by a family member. Two people in our party had lasagna. They were able to take most of it home. The pizza I had was fantastic & very meaty! The andouille sausage that is the chef's private recipe is a must try!