“Great value” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in San Rafael
Stirling, United Kingdom
“Great value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

Great value motel for stopover on our way to Napa Valley - rooms were large and well equipped. A real bargain considering the costs of most hotels in the region. Well recommended for those happy to stay a bit out of San Francisco centre or on their way north.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Downingtown, Pennsylvania, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

The room was very nice and clean. But there was no dresser for our clothes. And periodically through the night I would hear a high pitched sound. Odd, but there it is. I should haved about the noise, but it was not that big a deal. All in all, a fair place to stay. And for you tv folk, there was no guide to the channels. Not a big thing, but attention to detail makes one place above another.

Room Tip: We had #106
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank 329William
DeRidder, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013

This hotel was at least $100 less than any other one in the area and was very nice. our room was newly remodeled and was more than large enough for us. It had an office area, fridge, and large closet. you could hear the noise from the road nearby but was really not annoying at all. you are close to everything here, i will def stay here again.

Room Tip: we had room 106. it looked like some rooms on the other side were under renovation
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Oak Hills, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

My husband and I stayed two nights at the Marin Lodge and were not disappointed. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We told them we were planning on eating at a small local restaurant and the staff gladly gave us their rave reviews and suggestions on what to eat. It was obvious that the room had recently been remodeled and it was very clean and nicely done. A Palm tree was being removed near the building the day we arrived as for them to have room to do some additional construction and were joined by the staff and what I believe were the owners or managers watching the large tree be moved. I would gladly stay at this location again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Shorewood, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Marin Lodge (formally the Colonial Inn) for one night. It was a convenient and affordable place to stay as we made our way from San Francisco to Santa Rosa. I would recommend it, but with some reservations.

We had a bad first impression of the motel. First, it took us a while to locate it because in the time since I had made our reservation, they had changed their name.

After figuring this out, we checked in and got our room key. Next, finding our room was a challenge – better exterior lighting is needed to illuminate the room numbers and the card reader on the door.

The room was very nice - newly remodeled with a practical layout that makes great use of the space including: a built-in counter top area where you could eat or use your computer, a small refrigerator and microwave, a wall-mounted flat screen, and plenty of outlets for charging phones, etc. The bathroom was also updated with a large, tiled shower, tiled floor and new toilet and sink. There are pictures on their web site that represent accurately what our room looked like.

Note that there is a motion-sensor light in the bathroom so if you are in the shower long enough, the light will go off.

There were some cleanliness issues like other reviewers have mentioned – we also had an unwashed-looking bath mat/rug. It should be eliminated and replaced with a traditional, more easily-washable bath mat. There was also a used bar of soap left in the shower (but in the soap dish so it couldn’t be easily seen).

There was plenty of hot water and it was quiet.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank BPi
Bend, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

This is a wonderful motel on Lincoln Ave in San Rafael. Surrounded by trees.Away from traffic. Newly remodeled interiors with leading edge design and fixtures. Reasonable rates. I love it. I found the management friendly to deal with.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank starbucks0007
oc
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2013

I called the place after reading all the reviews. Mrs. Patel wasn't too friendly after responding to her questions she came back at me telling me I didn't have to be mean. She eventually told me they didn't have double beds available. I checked AAA online and I completed my registration. I called Mrs. Patel back to ask about her availability and told her about my online search. her reply was "why don't you do it online"! I made my point.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Marin Suites Hotel
Marin Suites Hotel
#2 of 3 in Corte Madera
Extended Stay America - San Rafael - Francisco Blvd East

Been to Marin Lodge? Share your experiences!