“Debbie and Sam went out of their way to help us. This hotel is awesome but those 2 staff members make it even better”

Extended Stay America - San Rafael - Francisco Blvd East
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in San Rafael
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Short and sweet. Makes you feel at home away from home. Used to be an extended stay deluxe so WAY WAY nicer than other extended stays plus they gave us a corporate rate for my job. Thank you to everyone there

• Stayed: August 2013

Reviewed 19 August 2013

I stayed for 3 nights and found this to be a place I'll definitely come back to when I return to Marin. It's convenient, friendly hotel staff and clean,comfortable beds. Teresa was at the front desk and helped us with a usb converter we needed. My room had a great kitchen with full size fridge and stove top. This was a plus for keeping leftovers and drinks cold. The rooms aren't sound proof but are pretty standard for hotels of this price category. I had no problem sleeping even early in the evening. I'll be staying there again.

Room Tip: Just tell the hotel clerk what you need and they will help you.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Rafael - Francisco Blvd East, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide such a positive review about your stay at our hotel. I am very excited to share your remarks with the staff. They will be so happy to know that our property and their service accommodated your needs.

Thank you again for your comments. We are so glad that you had a good couple nights rest and hope to be your destination hotel for your next trip.

Reviewed 7 August 2013

I only had to stay one night but if I needed to stay longer it would be here. Has a good size kitchen with full fridge, microwave as well as plates and utensils. Was able to save money by not going out to eat (and eat much healthier). Nice staff, quiet, easily accessible.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 August 2013

I have traveled at least twice a month before I retired two years ago,but this was only my second time at an Extended Stay hotel. I was pleasantly surprised. It was great and one of the front desk staff was fantastic.Her name was Theresa.I spent a lot of time in and around the lobby,because I didn't want to disturb my family while they were resting. She offered me coffee every 15 minutes, suggested places to eat, and just made me feel comfortable. I even saw her helping a young man stranded without cash, but with a credit card. A taxi driver just dumped him at the front door after taking all of his cash. The price of a room was too much there, so she found another hotel in the area, and made the reservations for him. Since he didn't have any cash, she even gave him some of her own money to cover the cost of a shuttle that would take him to the other hotel.He had a lot of luggage and a bicycle. She was truly amazing.

1  Thank Walter C
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I was needing somewhere not to far from Richmond where work was being done on my boat and found the Extended Stay experience! For people who are travelling especially with dogs, it is perfect! The first time was in St Rafael and the second time in Hill Top, both were very good! It is fantastic to have a little kitchen with a huge fridge, a good TV, nice room with a sofa and a huge bed! What else do you need! Very friendly staff and in general both hotels were just what the doctor ordered! I will now always look for Extended Stay when I need a hotel!

Room Tip: The rooms seems to vary in size and they have a large air conditioning unit which can make a bit of...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 July 2013

My first review, which I was totally compelled to do so. Found today, rather luckily, mid July, at last minute on a busy, busy weekend in San Francisco. Teresa was fabulous on getting my family in one of the last two rooms available! I was stressed, which she sensed, and not only got us a nice room, a place to eat, directions to many places, she welcomed us as if it were her home!!! Great location, clean rooms, friendly professional staff. I will recommend this hotel to all who say there coming here. Very appreciative and Grateful!

2  Thank Jeffrey C
Reviewed 19 July 2013

We stayed at this hotel last weekend. The hotel staff we courteous and very helpful. Our room was on the third floor, which allowed us a magnificent view of the ocean. The beds were comfortable, and there were four pillows on both beds. The channel selection on the cable was limited, but that was not a big deal.

There was a full sized refrigerator, which was clean. The microwave worked fine. We did not have time to use the stove. The bathroom was clean, but, there wasn't a fan to air it out. The hotel provided us with soap, not shampoo. Good thing I brought my own with me. The breakfast was a joke, granola bars, mini muffins and coffee. All in all, it was an ok place to stay for a couple of nights.

Room Tip: Make sure you have breakfast plans, because this hotel does not provide a nutritious one.
Also consider these accommodations in or near San Rafael
Courtyard San Francisco Larkspur Landing/Marin County
North Bay San Rafael
North Bay San Rafael
#6 of 8 in San Rafael

Been to Extended Stay America - San Rafael - Francisco Blvd East? Share your experiences!