“I felt "part of the family"”

Extended Stay America - San Rafael - Francisco Blvd East
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in San Rafael
San Francisco
“I felt "part of the family"”
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I wrote a long explanation and gratitude for a two month visit to Extended stay and feeling as like "one of the family". It is on the previous page.
I was a guest of the hotel due to water damage throughout the first floor of my home. I could not have felt more welcomed and I feel like I had a cross cultural journey and adventure for two months right in my own "back yard".
The staff was friendly, fun and very efficient. The guests were an adventure in the variety of personalities, employment, interests, traveling experiences. and reasons for traveling. I also met people that lived at Extended Stay. It literally is their home. Did I mention that pets are also welcome. My kitty was a welcomed guest as well.
I know everyone looks forward to the reburbishing and renovation upgrades that are now in progress. It will make "home" just that much sweeter.
I will always consider the staff as Extended Family at Extended Stay.
Thank you!
Beverly Stevens

Room Tip: the back of the building with a view of the bay
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 25 October 2013

This hotel is has a great location with easy 20 min access to San Francisco, 2 - 3 min from the largest TARGET in California, 5 min. from Central San Rafael, and surrounding areas.

This hotel, while being a budget oriented, long tern stay hotel, is one of the best in which I have stayed in my 15 yrs of travelling and living "on-site" for projects. The Staff is professional and attentive, whenever there is a need. My room is roomy, and gets a thorough once a week clean-up. The maintenance and operations of this facility is as good as I have seen, and I can always count on Debbie Estrada and her staff to provide.

I have been staying at this facility since April 2013, and it is now November 2013. I have found the stay and the facility with the hot tub, indoor pool, and workout gym to be very comfortable.

I will be staying at this facility through next year, as my project needs me.

Room Tip: 4th floor - Even Numbers will provide a nice view of the bay, and great sunrises.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 9 October 2013

We stayed here on business and we were lucky to get a room that had a terrific view to the ocean. We stayed here once before and had a room facing the road which was not so great! So ask for a room with a view! The room itself is spacious and clean but what lets it down is the very uncomfortable bed which is very hard. They put some sort of cover over the mattress which comes undone during the night and makes sleeping impossible. I would stay here again but for no more than one night.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank nic675
Chico, CA
Reviewed 5 October 2013

This was a perfect spot for us. I had a Reunion in Sleepy Hollow/ San Francisco explore/ and Sir Francis Drake to the ocean. It was perfect AND they take dogs. The Shoreline trail is 2 blocks away and was perfect for the morning walk....so beautiful.

Room Tip: w/ a dog we were 1st floor and it was very safe and handy for those 2 am pee breaks. btw..BYO ice...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Walla Walla, Washington
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Just stayed there for two weeks during a consulting visit to the area. I had a room on the 3rd floor with a view of the Bay. Walked along the Bay Trail every evening after long day of work. Rooms are clean and well maintained. The place made this work visit very enjoyable.

2 Thank YellowSlug
Allentown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 27 September 2013

For the price and quality, this was an excellent hotel to stay in! The staff was very accommodating and friendly! Debbie helped us out by loaning office supplies and copying documents that were needed for a conference. Any small issues we had were quickly taken care of by the attentive staff. I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Higher floors have less noise
2 Thank Ashley M
San Rafael, California
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Our stay at the hotel was excellent. The rooms were clean and well suited for a multi-day business trip. The staff was friendly & extremely helpful. We checked in late in the evening after a full day of traveling and then setup for a conference. The rooms were ready, the check-in was smooth and the hotel was quiet. So we enjoyed a good night sleep and were ready for the days ahead. The breakfast station was simple, but covered the basic needs for a quick breakfast. So we headed off for the day with a good cup of coffee and something in our stomachs to get us going. Overall a great place to stay. I will be back.

1 Thank Tom F
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Rafael - Francisco Blvd East, responded to this review, 27 September 2013
Tom - Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. It's great to hear that your stay was enjoyable and suitable for your multi-day business trip. As well, I am glad that our staff provided you with friendly & extremely helpful service.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near San Rafael
Courtyard San Francisco Larkspur Landing/Marin County
North Bay San Rafael
North Bay San Rafael
#6 of 8 in San Rafael

Been to Extended Stay America - San Rafael - Francisco Blvd East? Share your experiences!