“At least the bed comfy” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Travelodge San Rafael

Travelodge San Rafael
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in San Rafael

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

I had made a reservation which I had to change from a double to a single. I asked the desk clerk Asha T (would not give me her full name) to make sure that I would not have to pay more, otherwise, I'd keep the original reservation. I was quoted $139 for the 2 nights' reservation, which I agreed to. However, I was told that they do not send email confirmations (which they had done just the week before), but Asha assured me that the rate was firm at $139 for both nights (which I asked to double check before we hung up, since she would not send a confirmation email). You guessed it - I was charged EVEN MORE than my double-room rate. When I asked about the difference in charge, she denied ever giving me the discounted rate. She was extremely rude and repeated the same statement that they don't offer discounted rates over and over again instead of checking to see what happened and to make sure that I was satisfied. She agreed to reduce the second night's stay to $79, which THEY DID NOT do.

Also of great concern: They have a child of about 7 years old handling the credit cards.

They have committed fraud against me two days in a row. Do not trust them - their hotel is dingy and unsanitary and not worth the rates, even when they aren't committing fraud. Save yourself a lot of grief and frustration and go to a different hotel in the area.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank Peggy H
Morgantown, IN
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

We stayed here because we had an early flight out of San Francisco and were looking for a budget hotel. It is right off the highway,so easy exit for us in the morning and 20 miles to airport.
I would not stay at this hotel for any other purpose, and not for more than one night. It is old, small and not in the best of neighborhoods. Would definitely not stay here if traveling alone.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
eugene, or
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

The property is fairly run down; the floors are uneven throughout the 2nd floor. That aside, the staff was very nice and the room was very clean. For a budget - minded business traveler, this was about the only place I found affordable in the area. It actually met all my needs: quiet, free wifi, microwave and fridge in room, parking, and a decent shower. I don't need much!

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
#2 of 3 in Corte Madera
Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel San Rafael - Marin County / Conference Center
Four Points by Sheraton San Rafael
No photo provided

Been to Travelodge San Rafael? Share your experiences!