“Best of the Better”

Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
“Best of the Better”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

When people think Chinese food lots of times they think of anything but Ping's. Ping's does a amazing job of being friendly and kind hearted. They know how to make someones birthday special. The food is extraordinary and the service is one of a kind amazing. They get you seated within seconds and drinks in minutes. Once food is ordered, count on waiting 3-7 minutes for your first appetizer. It is usually not crowded so it is always a nice time to eat so don't worry about not having a table for 2-5.

• Visited February 2014

San Francisco, California
“Favorite Chinese food”
Reviewed 29 August 2013 via mobile

If we think Chinese food we think Pings I love their non MSG Mongolian Chicken and my husband the house Chow Fun. Service is quick and the restaurant offers regular coupons.

• Visited August 2013
san francisco
“new location, new menu”
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Ping's in San Rafael has been here many years but they recently opened a new location in the Northgate Shopping Mall. It is fresh since it just opened (about June 2013) and the menu is similar to the original location. They have a lunch special 7 days a week which was tasty and ample. We had snow peas with chicken and honey sesame prawns. Both were tasty. Soup or salad is offered. Corn chowder was the soup and we had that plus a salad. Salad was simple greens, nothing else, with a tangy dressing. Appetizer with meal was crab rangoon, which was a nice change from the typical spring roll or fried wonton usually offered. Out the door was $21, a little high (in my book) for lunch but a nice experience. Will likely return especially with a coupon ($5 off $20, not good on lunch).

• Visited July 2013
Kentfield, CA
“Really fast service”
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Many great choices: favorites: fried rice soup, Mandarin beef, mushi pork, sweet and sour pork. We haven't returned because my husband's favorite is the S and S pork. It was tough and not good meat.

Visited October 2012
Elk Grove, California
“When Walter Mondale said 'Show me the beef', he meant MONGOLIAN BEEF!!!”
Reviewed 18 June 2012

WHY do restaurants B-O-T-H-E-R having deep dish menus when there are too many flakes like me around?!!! I am a signature dish eater. I go to 100 SF restaurants and always eat THE SAME DISH!!! I don't care if you have the finest mixed Tanduri plater, I want my Merg Boti Tanduri from Shalimars. I don't care if you make the finest Manudo on earth, I only want my Beef Burrito from La Cumbre on 16th & Mission.

Spontinanity is big with me. I wake up in the morning and smack my lips together. I want a Brunette...No,No,No,No!!! I want a Blonde...had Blonde yesterday and the quality was off. Lets try Red Head or...no, wait. I want BALD!!! I want a BALD woman like Britney Speers!!! Y-E-S!!!
Well, my choice in women matches my choices in food I C-R-A-V-E VARIETY yet SAMENESS, Do you know what I mean?!!!

Today's recommendation is for MONGOLIAN BEEF. As you may well know, EVERY Chinese Restaurant on this planet serves MONGOLIAN BEEF (It was Ghingus Khan's dying wish) and for some reason they always have it on their LUNCH MENU. I adore LUNCH MENUS because its about 90% the taste of a dinner meal at about 20% less [Do what I do---buy two, eat one there and eat it else trade it for someone else's dish!!! Now thats what I call LEFT OVERS!!!].

Go to Pings (San Raffa) at lunch and order their Mongolian Beef over rice. This SIGNATURE DISH is mind-numbing good for what it is---Beef, oil and spices, thrown together in a wok and slopped on top of white rice. What makes this one stand out is that they use more than just GINGER---there are dozens of unidentifiable spices on that beef that makes your mouth go NUM NUM!!! Nothing quite certifies you as being a Debauchee than to pick up some Mongolian Beef take out, drive it over the bridge to SF and have a mini picnic with it. Can you imagine yourself sneering at the mere mortals and what they're having for lunch when you are feasting on, quite possibly the finest Mongolian Beef this side of Mongolia? Ghingus Khan---brother, I owe you!!!

• Visited May 2012