“You Get What You Pay For.....pay more - go elsewhere!”

North Bay San Rafael
North Bay San Rafael
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in San Rafael
Salt Lake City, Utah
“You Get What You Pay For.....pay more - go elsewhere!”
Reviewed 1 October 2012

Where to start? Wi-Fi in common areas-I guess that is the 8 foot lobby. Clean? Hardly - garbage behind the dresser, floor is filthy, holes in the bedspreads and lampshades (which were not sized correctly). Picture tube going out on the tv. Told front desk several times, inquired about changing rooms - "I'll call you back when I find something out...." No call back. Nothing. Hair dryer in room - well yes, but it doesn't work. Police called to the hotel the second night we stayed - man pounding loudly on door "YOU STOLE MY MONEY - OPEN THE DOOR!!" Next night some guy - assuming I was alone, came to window "It's your neighbor....want a beer?" My husband said no thanks. Never, ever, in a million years would I stay here again. Oh - and other reviews said it was quit - NO - freeway right there, not to mention the horrible sound the air conditioner made.

Room Tip: I seriously doubt there are any good rooms here. I would caution readers of these reviews - I must n...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank chaos_slc

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Reviewed 29 September 2012

Was expecting a less than average stay when I pulled up and saw the hotel. Upon entering my room I was amazed at how nice it was. Honestly better than a few Bestwesterns and even Holiday Inns I've stayed at. Room had new furniture and amazing tile work in the bathroom. I think great room for the price if you look past outer appearance.

• Stayed September 2012
Beaumont, Texas
Reviewed 19 August 2012

I had read reviews of this hotel and felt that it would suit our needs for a three night stay. I'm happy to say that indeed it did. The room was very clean and well kept. It appeared to me that they had remodeled and lots of stuff was new. There was a nice size refrigerator and a microwave in the room. The bathroom was a little small but had attractive new tile and was very accomodating with hot water and plenty of towels. The TV was great ! Flat screen and had the Dish Network. Lots of good channels. The air conditioner worked great as well. I read where the breakfast was not all that great but we found it very good. The prepackaged pastries were much better than some that I have had at OTHER hotels that even microwaving them doesn't help. (dry) The coffee machine is really neat. You have several choices of coffee to choose from and it takes a split second to brew up your own cup. There was plenty of sweetners and creamers. They had fresh fruit, pastries, granola bars and muffins. (Otis Spunkmeyers, can't get better unless your Mother makes them homemade) I have to agree with the no milk for cereal... I didn't want cereal, so it didn't matter to me, but I did notice there was no milk. Still the breakfast suited us completely. If you are tired of paying an outrageous amount for a hotel room.... give this one a try. I made my reservations on their website. Very good price and very clean place.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Iris M
Pacific Grove, Ca
Reviewed 12 August 2012

We planned a trip up to Point Reyes National Seashore but could not find lodging nearby so I found this place for a good rate. We were pleasantly surprised to find a very nice, comfortable room in good order. We would stay again. We did find that going to Point Reyes in August is not the best idea - fog, fog, fog! Go in the fall or spring if you want to actually see the seashore. Staff at the hotel were also very friendly.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Sebastopol, California
Reviewed 27 July 2012

Made reservations through booking.com, arrived at the hotel at 5:30 had dinner reservations before a show for 6:15. I was NOT told that the room I reserved was not avilable. When I found out and asked to change for the room I had reserved I was told that some other people decided to stay longer than initially planned and therefore my room was not availble. The whole experience did not leave a good taste (we did get a room but it was not the one we booked) ,... The air conditioner was so loud, had to should it down, also had to unplug the refrigerator since it was also very loud. Otherwise the place was quiet and clean.

Room Tip: Come early to get what you reserved, they give the rooms based on arrival time.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Michel D
Windsor, Canada
Reviewed 19 July 2012

We stayed here for one night before heading to San Francisco. The room was clean and spacious. The decor of the room was nice but the bed covers should be replaced as they were badly stained. The location was not that great but we were here for one night only so it served our purpose. If we were to stay longer in this area, we would not stay here again. The free breakfast in the morning was not that great. All prepackaged items and no milk for the cereal. There was nobody at the desk to ask for more milk either. Restaurants within walking distance were all Mexican. All in all, the value is okay for what you get.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 May 2012 via mobile

Didn't want to stay in this area but ended up here... Long story. It was getting late and we were tired so stopped here. The desk clerk was fine. Not real sure of the neighborhood we checked in and went to our room. It looked like they tried to make the place nice I mean it was small but they actually had nice crown molding and such you could tell they wanted it to be nice. I say tried because they forgot one major thing UPKEEP! Seriously the bedcovers were stained and had holes!!! They really need replaced! The walls had marks on the from luggage and other things. Wouldn't stay there again way too many other places within driving distance.

• Stayed May 2012
Marin Suites Hotel
#2 of 3 in Corte Madera
Best Western Plus Corte Madera Inn
Courtyard San Francisco Larkspur Landing/Marin County

Been to North Bay San Rafael? Share your experiences!