“An awful experience that I would not wish on anyone.” 1 of 5 bubbles

North Bay San Rafael
North Bay San Rafael
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in San Rafael
Sacramento, California
“An awful experience that I would not wish on anyone.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2013

I made my reservation early to make things easier. The reservation was paid for twice and I had to call to have it refunded. When I showed up they told me they couldn't find any proof of a reservation so the girl took my card and said it would be straightened out later, even though I had a copy of the receipt on my phone. They decided to charge my card again and got paid twice for the room a second time.They still haven't given me my money back.
During my stay I barely got any sleep because the heater was extremely loud, it woke me up almost every hour when it turned off and on. Overall this place was a very bad experience for me and it started before I even got there.

• Stayed November 2012
5 Thank Pamela197

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Reno, Nevada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2013

We only stayed here one night, but the bed was comfortable and the room clean. Not a great neighborhood for walking around, as it was in a street of car dealerships, but conveniently close to downtown San Rafael. It is very close to the freeway, and we were concerned that it might be really noisy, but it is well insulated and we weren't aware of the freeway once the door was shut. The shower was OK, not great, but clean.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Santa Cruz, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2013

This place is a great value considering the location. The room appeared recently remodeled, and looked to be in excellent shape. Honestly, I was shocked at how nice it was considering the modest price for the area. The shades knocked out all the outside light and gave us a chance to take a nice afternoon nap before going out for the night. Being right next to Hwy 101 had me a bit nervous about noise. It was noticeable, but honestly not a dealbreaker at all. Our room was equipped with a nice fridge, LCD tv, and microwave. I will definitely return.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rusty_Shakelford21
California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2012

Clean rooms that have been renovated within the last couple of years. Nice TV's, bathrooms and beds. I am not really picky but had a great stay. Nice owners who seem to enjoy their guests. Will stay here again. Your other options in this area, Travel lodge and Motel 6 are not really options. Stay here. Walking distance to Terrapin Crossroads.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank cmswartz
Mechanicsville, Maryland, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2012

When I approached the hotel and found it on a side street, down what looked like an alley, I thought I was in for a bad experience,especially with the small parking lot. I was pleasantly surprised.

The room and bathroom were clean and well kept. It looked like it was newly re-done. Amazing tile work in the bathroom. Service was good. RIGHT off the freeway so very accessible. Gas for car, food, and stores were within 3 miles of hotel. Free Wi-Fi. Lots of decent channels with the Dish Network and flat screen tv. Good coffee choices, both in the room and lobby.

On the opposite side, it is a tad pricey for what you get. There were stains on the fitted sheet, but they were very quick to fix that and I was refunded money. Go somewhere else for breakfast. Anyone with a physical mobility issue needs to stay on the ground floor. One very small trashcan per room. Freeway noise, but it is not a chain hotel, so the insulation is not as thick.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Lisa P
Salt Lake City, Utah
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2012

Where to start? Wi-Fi in common areas-I guess that is the 8 foot lobby. Clean? Hardly - garbage behind the dresser, floor is filthy, holes in the bedspreads and lampshades (which were not sized correctly). Picture tube going out on the tv. Told front desk several times, inquired about changing rooms - "I'll call you back when I find something out...." No call back. Nothing. Hair dryer in room - well yes, but it doesn't work. Police called to the hotel the second night we stayed - man pounding loudly on door "YOU STOLE MY MONEY - OPEN THE DOOR!!" Next night some guy - assuming I was alone, came to window "It's your neighbor....want a beer?" My husband said no thanks. Never, ever, in a million years would I stay here again. Oh - and other reviews said it was quit - NO - freeway right there, not to mention the horrible sound the air conditioner made.

Room Tip: I seriously doubt there are any good rooms here. I would caution readers of these reviews - I must n...