North Bay San Rafael
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Motel 6 San Rafael(San Rafael)
Panama Hotel(San Rafael)
  • Breakfast included
Marin Lodge(San Rafael)
View Hotel
Marin Suites Hotel(Corte Madera)
Budget Inn(Corte Madera)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
All reviewsbed was comfortablewalking distanceconvenient locationfreewayfridgecereal
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Reservations were confirmed months in advance. We got there and the room we reserved was not available. Were told all we have is this smaller room -take it or leave it, and no there will not be a refund in the price difference for the rooms. The 'manager' continued to be rude and of no help, telling us that we were being difficult. The room was filthly- hole in the wall - paint pealing, dirty bedspread. We just could not stay in this room- the manager (would not give her name), insisted we were being difficult and all she could do was cancel the reservation. SHE would cancel us --- the best thing that happened at this place. We found a room in another hotel (Marin Suites) and could not be more happy there.

Room Tip: Stay anywhere else.
Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
9  Thank Bill P
Reviewed 2 July 2013 via mobile

Don't expect a 5 stars hotel, but I was very happy about this nice small hotel...

The room was very small but very comfortable... Very good double bed, flat screen TV, green Eco products for the body, good ac control system, fridge and all... Very clean and nice bathroom...

Very courteous customer service... Very limited parking spaces and I don't think they offer much for breakfast...

Nice place to stay one night while traveling or romantic gateway ;-)

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank benoitleblanc
Reviewed 30 May 2013

I was worried about booking this motel after reading the reviews. Especially the statements about not honoring reservations. However, the price was right...

We arrived early (about 3:00 PM) because of review statements that had been made and we were already in the area visiting relatives.. I figured the earlier the better. We didn't have any problems, and got a very nice king room.

The room was fairly clean (a few crumbs in hard to reach areas with the vacuum), however the top sheet on our bed had stains that we were unsure of. I checked the sheets with a portable black light and didn't find anything we had to worry about. The bedspread was a bit thread-bare, and should have been replaced at least a year ago.

Dish TV service was a plus! Although this motel is located right next to the freeway, once the door was closed and the A/C unit was turned on we didn't hear any traffic noise. The bathroom was nicely done in what appeared to be granite or marble tile.

We would absolutely stay here again....

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Brian H
Reviewed 22 May 2013

The website and photos are completely false. The hotel is not located by water or an inn, but rather a run down, filthy dump in the middle of a dangerous industrial park along side a highway. I have never seen such false advertising. Unfortunately, my car broken down traveling through San Rafael. My Navigation system directed me to a garage on the same street. I called every hotel in San Rafael first only to find all of them booked. This motel was my last resort because of the neighborhood, but the worst was inside. The sheets and pillowcases from the PREVIOUS guests were still on the bed. I immediately complained and the owner brought me a sheet to cover the fillthy sheets (didn't offer to change them or honor my request for a new room), another phone call and trip to the front desk to get clean pillowcases to put over the filthy ones, carpet full of crumbs and food, sink, vanity and both tubs with filth and hair. Every surface with filthy. No security lock on door. The worse was the fleas and bugs that starting biting when I turned the lights out. Left hotel full of flea bites and fleas. There wasn't even a box of Kleenex. Slept on top of the clean sheet and used my clothes as covers. Did not shower or sleep due to bugs biting and noise from highway. Hotel promised me a full refund and I have not yet received after one week. Contacted BBB and Chamber of Commerce for help. If my car wasn't broken down, i would have walked out immediately. If the neighborhood wasn't so dangerous, I would have slept in my car. After this experience, I should have stayed in the car. At least I wouldn't have to get rid of fleas now and waste my energy fighitng this dishonorable establishment for the refund I was promised. Disgrace to hotels every where and an insult to any traveler.
I cannot imagine that any of these positive reviews are from actually guests. They must be written by the same people who created the bogus website.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere. If you are desparate enough to stay, examine room prior to check in and pull down covers and examine bed for bugs and clean linens.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank CTTraveler2011
Reviewed 15 February 2013

I made my reservation early to make things easier. The reservation was paid for twice and I had to call to have it refunded. When I showed up they told me they couldn't find any proof of a reservation so the girl took my card and said it would be straightened out later, even though I had a copy of the receipt on my phone. They decided to charge my card again and got paid twice for the room a second time.They still haven't given me my money back.
During my stay I barely got any sleep because the heater was extremely loud, it woke me up almost every hour when it turned off and on. Overall this place was a very bad experience for me and it started before I even got there.

• Stayed: November 2012