US$176
Hotels.com
Motel 6 San Rafael(San Rafael)
US$102
US$90
Marin Lodge(San Rafael)(Great Value!)
US$122
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$141/night.

Free cancellation until 28/07
US$257
US$229
Courtyard
1,329 results
All reviewsthe manager's receptionindoor poolmade to order breakfastmarin countykoi pondfree breakfastcivic centerbeautiful lobbybreakfast was excellentwine countrythe breakfast arealiving roommuir woodsoatmealthe golden gate bridgeatriumpopcorn
Reviewed 30 July 2012

I booked this hotel for the simple reason , it had free parking & free breakfast also it looked clean and very presentable it was cheaper to stay here than in San Francisco & had more amities than most hotels plus no valet parking charges like we encountered when we last visited in 2009
Upon arrival at the front desk clerk was very nice & polite, I booked 2 suites that were very spacious & clean, we dumped our bags & went down to the mangers reception where we received free snacks & a cold beer( very civilised).
The free breakfast was fantastic, we ordered bespoke omelettes & there was also a choice of cereal fruit & numerous other things to eat, the hotel is set in a very serene hilly location with a shopping mall & restaurants less than half a mile away, so if you forget something there would be no need to panic.
We drove to San Francisco via the golden gate bride daily, which was roughly a 20 mile drive & paid $20 to park at pier 17 car lot & $6 toll on the return journey, it was nicer driving into the city on a daily basis rather than being lost in it!
I would recommend this hotel to families wanting to relax after a long day sight seeing & want to be away from the bustle of the city at sun down.

Reviewed 30 July 2012

My wife, daughter and I stayed here for one night mid-week. We arrived around noon. There was no line, the guest agent said there was no room, but to check back in about an hour. We waited for an hour, our king-room was ready on the fourth floor. Property inside and outside was nice. Lobby and atrium were nice and taken care off. Based on previous reviews about it needing an updated, it probably could use a nice touch of paint, but overall the property was very nice. The room was smaller compared to other Embassy properities we've stayed at. Room was in good condition, comfortable, fridge, microwave, comfortable bed and pillows, bathroom was a little small. Location was perfect, a short distance drive into the city. We couldn't get a reasonable rate for a night in the city, and decided to stay here and take the drive. Breakfast was good quality. We would definately stay here again based on convenience, price, and quality.

Reviewed 26 July 2012

I have stayed here at least 10 times over ten years. Nine were pretty good. I am a Hilton club member. They have my credit info.They locked us out, in their mistake and escorted us to the room while I got the papers.
I told them I was a heart patient ...how about a Key and I will get the paper.
What creeps. I have stayed at the four seasons, the Dorchester in london and all around the world.
I have never been treated with such disrespect. I 'll never go back.

1  Thank lewis k
Reviewed 16 July 2012

This is a good choice of a hotel, if you want to stay away from the crowds and expense of San Francisco and stay in the relattive serenity of Marin County.
The Pros:
1. Restuarant on site has really good food.
2. The surrounding area is really well kept with a large lake and fountains in the area.
3. Only about a 40 minute drive to the Napa Wine Train with is really worth it.
4. Only about 20 minutes to Saulsilito and Muir Woods.
The Cons:
1. Hotel really needs updating, the rooms and atrium area needs to be renovated to make it pleasing to the eye.
2. Rooms even though they are listed as suites are a bit smaller than other Embassy Suites.
3. Pool area is too small for the size of this hotels.
4. Check-in was a pretty bad experience for us, which is why I gave this place only an average rating. Even though I had wrote on the booking, early check in, when we got there we were told our room was not ready. Mind you the place did not seem very crowded and I brought that up to them to which their answer was rudely.. "Sir check in is not this 3:00". I also told them that we left NY at 7:00am that morning and flew across country and would just like the next available room....to make a long story short we were not allowed to check in till 3:30, after we saw many other guests allowed to check in.

I would definitly have stayed at this hotel again but after that experience with the front desk never again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank jt007_12
Reviewed 13 July 2012

We have been staying at the Embassy Suites Hotel in San Rafael (101 McInnis Parkway) as a group (5 rooms for 4 nights). From the time we tried to make reservations throughout our stay we have had one issue after another. The reservations were incorrect from the beginning, we tried to correct them, but the reservation staff seemed unable to get them corrected after numerous discussions on the phone and in person. When we arrived two of the rooms had televisions that did not work as well as an alarm clock that had to be set by the staff, a room that someone had smoked in the night before...

Then the first morning we found out that we had been charged for a sixth room, which we never requested. To make matters worse the staff was extremely difficult to deal with, including the manager on duty when it was escalated to him. After two additional in-person discussions the matter was finally cleared up because the hotel found THEIR mistake; however, at no time did any of the three individuals we dealt with apologize. I would definitely look for accomodations elsewhere. I usually stay in Marriott's on business trips and have never had any type of experience like this, in fact, they go out of their way to upgrade me whenever possible. I would definitely not plan any type of event here as they can't get even simple reservations correct. The worst of it all has been the poor attitude of the staff and lack of accountabiblity. Definitely NOT RECOMMENDED!

5  Thank 975LM123