US$123
US$152
US$145
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$180/night.

US$176
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$220/night.

Villa Inn(San Rafael)
US$110
Marin Lodge(San Rafael)(Great Value!)
US$144
Motel 6 San Rafael(San Rafael)
US$113
US$101
Hotels.com
Panama Hotel(San Rafael)
Agoda.com
US$269
Courtyard
1,364 results
All reviewsthe manager's receptionindoor poolfree drinksmade to order breakfastmarin countykoi pondcivic centerbeautiful lobbycomplimentary breakfastbreakfast was excellentwine countrythe breakfast arealiving roommuir woodsoatmealthe golden gate bridgeatrium
Reviewed 7 September 2012

I'll start with the positives. The hotel is in a nice enough location, and set in nice grounds. The bar was pleasant and the open space of the building made it feel very spacious.

The negatives. The room, while relatively large, had a massively cramped and uncomfortable workspace, that meant getting any work done was difficult. The chair at the workdesk was amazingly uncomfortable.

There was a musty smell about the room that I think comes from badly serviced air conditioning, which would seem likely, as the air conditioning didn't work especially well.

The bathroom was large and adequate, but no more than average for a hotel like this.

The bed was not particularly comfortable, with a poor quality mattress and cheap sheets. What really let it down though, and was by far the worst part of a pretty poor room was the pillows. I can honestly say I have never experienced pillows as uncomfortable as these cheap pieces of lumpy foam. I ended up rolling up a couple of shirts and using them as a pillow.

Room Tip: I'm sure there are good rooms in other hotels in the area.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Pat S, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel San Rafael - Marin County / Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2012

Thank you for your candid feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I sincerely apologize that we did not meet your expectations. I am actively working with our Housekeeping and Engineering Teams to ensure that cleanliness and the comfort of of guests always remain their first priority. I understand the comfort and smell of your suite were of concern as was our bedding. I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guests experience and I will definitely keep your review in mind as we look to make changes and improvements relative to the cleanliness, soft goods and overall maintenance of our suites. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 4 September 2012

We rented two rooms for a night at the end of August to visit Muir Woods and Point Reyes National Sea Shore. The rooms were typical Embussy Suite style, clean and comfortable. The hotel lobby was very interesting with a waterfall and koi pond which the kids loved. The free breakfast was the best I have ever had in a hotel with cooked to order eggs or omlet and pancakes plus plenty of fresh fruit and the typical selection of pastries and cereals. We were able to check in early but missed the evening happy hour. We would definately stay here again if we get a chance to revisit Muir Woods and Point Reyes. Very good value.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 August 2012

This is the first time I've visited this location and it was completely booked except for a double room with a boardroom instead of the usual suite. I was not pleased with this set up as when I made the reservation, I was told that there was a conference table in the suite but did not take up much room. I thought I was going to have the sofa/TV combo, but it was a large boardroom that could not be used as it had a big conference table in the room and no sitting area. I spoke to the manager about it and he accommodated me by giving a reduced price and also free internet. The Happy Hour was OK, snacks provided were popcorn and nachos with cheese. I've been to other Embassy Suites that offered Taco Bar and other type snacks. Breakfast was excellent! Everything from special ordered omelets to include bacon, sausage, ham and other continental foods (danish, bagels, cereal, yogurt, fruits). The location was walking distance to Antique Market (Sunday). Downtown San Rafael is a few exits away. All in all, a nice visit.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 August 2012

This is a typical Embassy Suites. Nice grounds, well kept interior, nice rooms. The Internet is fine. Decent bandwidth and good reliability. Breakfast at this hotel is a mess. We stayed 3 nights. The first breakfast was fine. We were met at the entrance by an employee who asked our room number. We gave it, no problem. The second day, we were asked for our tickets. As we weren't given tickets, we had no idea what she was talking about. Our room number was recorded on a list and with an eye roll, we were granted admittance. The third morning, we were asked for tickets again. We again gave our room number, but this time we were rudely told that we would need to go to the front desk for tickets in order to eat. Also, the bus people at this hotel are very aggressive about clearing tables. They hovered around my family just waiting to snatch the empty plates away. If you stay at this hotel, be sure to ask for breakfast tickets.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 August 2012

My husband and I stayed here just one night, August 18th. We would have enjoyed staying longer. The staff was very friendly and our room was clean and spacious.
The food and beverage manager, Scott LaCrosse, hosts a reception every evening. He is very friendly and responded to all of our questions knowledgeably
Following the reception, we ate in the restaurant on site and had a great meal with outstanding service.
We would highly recommend this hotel
Diane Hill