1,375 results
All reviews the manager's reception indoor pool free drinks made to order breakfast marin county koi pond civic center beautiful lobby complimentary breakfast the breakfast area breakfast was excellent wine country living room muir woods oatmeal the golden gate bridge atrium
Reviewed 17 September 2012

Basic Embassy Suites with all the amenities. Not a great location but it did serve the purpose for what I needed. Very limited choices on the room service menu as well as the resturant dinner menu. Staff was friendly thoiugh and the room was basically OK. Very loud AC unit in which I had to actually jury rig something to keep it from rattling all night.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 September 2012

For the most part, things at this hotel were going fine until we were checking out. While packing our bags, we noticed that there was a used condom (yep, it was used) under the night stand.

We took a picture of it and upon checking out showed the female agent this morning (Sept 9th). She apologized and wished us a nice day. Disappointed they would not even discount our roomservice and really didnt seem to care too much, we decided to have breakfast at the buffet (i know, i should have just left). Once I walked in , a female server started rushing me to get to the kitchen to order because they were stopping service in 15 mins.... We were then rushed to eat and the chef was upset I ordered an omelet. She quickly tried to make one and served me an undercooked pile of eggs and veggies....it was literally falling apart on the plate.

I have always had great experiences at other embassy suite properties (I travel all over for work and also work in hospitality), but this property was a small diaster. Note to self.....scope out the room for used condoms before you unpack your bags!

Overall, Embassy Suites are still great value for the money you pay----but this one needs some work.

Room Tip: Make sure you inspect your room - clearly their housekeeping management staff does not do a through inspection of the rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank travelingman1224
Pat S, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel San Rafael - Marin County / Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2012

Thank you for providing a review from your recent stay and experience with us. I sincerely apologize for the clenliness issue in your suite as well as the level of service you received during breakfast and at the Front Desk upon your departure. Please reach out to me directly with your Hilton Honors or confirmation number so that I may assist you with these issues/concerns. I look forward to speaking with you. The number for the hotel is 415-499-9222.

Reviewed 7 September 2012

We have stayed in the Embassy Suites Hotel many years now on my daughter's birthday party. This Hotel greets everyone, including my daughter's sleeping bag toting friends, with great warmth and welcome. The Hotel is super elegant, with a gorgeous airy open atrium in the middle which makes you feel like you are outside in a luxurious villa in the south somewhere when you are actually inside. The interiror landscaping features waterfalls, coy ponds, which articulate well with the bar ( a plus for that added mini escape from the kids when you still want to keep an eye out) a restaurant and the pool, which is a little off to the side. The levels are all open to this so the kids can explore and yet never truly go missing. The pool is nice with a little too much chlorine (but so many kids...) and the spa is lovely as well. Extra towels are provided there as well. They have all sort of events including popcorn, happy hour, specials on kids pizzas, etc. All rooms are suites (nice!) with doors between front and back (phew!) and microwave, refrigerators, sinks and cabinets. The breakfast in the a.m. is great, with a kitchen that makes griddle items to order, and an awesome woman with a german accent who has taken care of us everytime we go, sitting us down and showing the kids the ropes. While we have had small bumps in the road, including a hair dryer that didn't work and the entertainment system being broken one year, overall our experience has been fantastic.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better visibility
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 September 2012

I'll start with the positives. The hotel is in a nice enough location, and set in nice grounds. The bar was pleasant and the open space of the building made it feel very spacious.

The negatives. The room, while relatively large, had a massively cramped and uncomfortable workspace, that meant getting any work done was difficult. The chair at the workdesk was amazingly uncomfortable.

There was a musty smell about the room that I think comes from badly serviced air conditioning, which would seem likely, as the air conditioning didn't work especially well.

The bathroom was large and adequate, but no more than average for a hotel like this.

The bed was not particularly comfortable, with a poor quality mattress and cheap sheets. What really let it down though, and was by far the worst part of a pretty poor room was the pillows. I can honestly say I have never experienced pillows as uncomfortable as these cheap pieces of lumpy foam. I ended up rolling up a couple of shirts and using them as a pillow.

Room Tip: I'm sure there are good rooms in other hotels in the area.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your candid feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I sincerely apologize that we did not meet your expectations. I am actively working with our Housekeeping and Engineering Teams to ensure that cleanliness and the comfort of of guests always remain their first priority. I understand the comfort and smell of your suite were of concern as was our bedding. I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guests experience and I will definitely keep your review in mind as we look to make changes and improvements relative to the cleanliness, soft goods and overall maintenance of our suites. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 4 September 2012

We rented two rooms for a night at the end of August to visit Muir Woods and Point Reyes National Sea Shore. The rooms were typical Embussy Suite style, clean and comfortable. The hotel lobby was very interesting with a waterfall and koi pond which the kids loved. The free breakfast was the best I have ever had in a hotel with cooked to order eggs or omlet and pancakes plus plenty of fresh fruit and the typical selection of pastries and cereals. We were able to check in early but missed the evening happy hour. We would definately stay here again if we get a chance to revisit Muir Woods and Point Reyes. Very good value.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family