Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel San Rafael - Marin County / Conference Center
GreenLeadersSilver level
Arizona
“A very pleasant stay”
Reviewed 18 September 2012

We recently spent 1 night in this hotel and we were very pleased with their accomdations, breakfast, and staff. Everyone was very pleasant to us and treated us well. The made to order breakfast was very good and there were more than enough tables available even though the hotel was crowded. We have no complaints about our stay.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
Kailua, Hawaii
Reviewed 17 September 2012

Basic Embassy Suites with all the amenities. Not a great location but it did serve the purpose for what I needed. Very limited choices on the room service menu as well as the resturant dinner menu. Staff was friendly thoiugh and the room was basically OK. Very loud AC unit in which I had to actually jury rig something to keep it from rattling all night.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 9 September 2012

For the most part, things at this hotel were going fine until we were checking out. While packing our bags, we noticed that there was a used condom (yep, it was used) under the night stand.

We took a picture of it and upon checking out showed the female agent this morning (Sept 9th). She apologized and wished us a nice day. Disappointed they would not even discount our roomservice and really didnt seem to care too much, we decided to have breakfast at the buffet (i know, i should have just left). Once I walked in , a female server started rushing me to get to the kitchen to order because they were stopping service in 15 mins.... We were then rushed to eat and the chef was upset I ordered an omelet. She quickly tried to make one and served me an undercooked pile of eggs and veggies....it was literally falling apart on the plate.

I have always had great experiences at other embassy suite properties (I travel all over for work and also work in hospitality), but this property was a small diaster. Note to self.....scope out the room for used condoms before you unpack your bags!

Overall, Embassy Suites are still great value for the money you pay----but this one needs some work.

Room Tip: Make sure you inspect your room - clearly their housekeeping management staff does not do a through...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank travelingman1224
Pat S, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel San Rafael - Marin County / Conference Center, responded to this review, 11 September 2012
Thank you for providing a review from your recent stay and experience with us. I sincerely apologize for the clenliness issue in your suite as well as the level of service you received during breakfast and at the Front Desk upon your departure. Please reach out to me directly with your Hilton Honors or confirmation number so that I may assist you with these issues/concerns. I look forward to speaking with you. The number for the hotel is 415-499-9222.
San Francisco
Reviewed 7 September 2012

We have stayed in the Embassy Suites Hotel many years now on my daughter's birthday party. This Hotel greets everyone, including my daughter's sleeping bag toting friends, with great warmth and welcome. The Hotel is super elegant, with a gorgeous airy open atrium in the middle which makes you feel like you are outside in a luxurious villa in the south somewhere when you are actually inside. The interiror landscaping features waterfalls, coy ponds, which articulate well with the bar ( a plus for that added mini escape from the kids when you still want to keep an eye out) a restaurant and the pool, which is a little off to the side. The levels are all open to this so the kids can explore and yet never truly go missing. The pool is nice with a little too much chlorine (but so many kids...) and the spa is lovely as well. Extra towels are provided there as well. They have all sort of events including popcorn, happy hour, specials on kids pizzas, etc. All rooms are suites (nice!) with doors between front and back (phew!) and microwave, refrigerators, sinks and cabinets. The breakfast in the a.m. is great, with a kitchen that makes griddle items to order, and an awesome woman with a german accent who has taken care of us everytime we go, sitting us down and showing the kids the ropes. While we have had small bumps in the road, including a hair dryer that didn't work and the entertainment system being broken one year, overall our experience has been fantastic.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better visibility
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
San Jose, California
Reviewed 7 September 2012

I'll start with the positives. The hotel is in a nice enough location, and set in nice grounds. The bar was pleasant and the open space of the building made it feel very spacious.

The negatives. The room, while relatively large, had a massively cramped and uncomfortable workspace, that meant getting any work done was difficult. The chair at the workdesk was amazingly uncomfortable.

There was a musty smell about the room that I think comes from badly serviced air conditioning, which would seem likely, as the air conditioning didn't work especially well.

The bathroom was large and adequate, but no more than average for a hotel like this.

The bed was not particularly comfortable, with a poor quality mattress and cheap sheets. What really let it down though, and was by far the worst part of a pretty poor room was the pillows. I can honestly say I have never experienced pillows as uncomfortable as these cheap pieces of lumpy foam. I ended up rolling up a couple of shirts and using them as a pillow.

Room Tip: I'm sure there are good rooms in other hotels in the area.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your candid feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I sincerely apologize that we did not meet your expectations. I am actively working with our Housekeeping and Engineering Teams to ensure that cleanliness and the comfort of of guests always remain their first priority. I understand the comfort and smell of your suite were of concern as was our bedding. I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guests experience and I will definitely keep your review in mind as we look to make changes and improvements relative to the cleanliness, soft goods and overall maintenance of our suites. Thank you for your feedback.
Clinton, MA
Reviewed 4 September 2012

We rented two rooms for a night at the end of August to visit Muir Woods and Point Reyes National Sea Shore. The rooms were typical Embussy Suite style, clean and comfortable. The hotel lobby was very interesting with a waterfall and koi pond which the kids loved. The free breakfast was the best I have ever had in a hotel with cooked to order eggs or omlet and pancakes plus plenty of fresh fruit and the typical selection of pastries and cereals. We were able to check in early but missed the evening happy hour. We would definately stay here again if we get a chance to revisit Muir Woods and Point Reyes. Very good value.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Woodland, California
Reviewed 21 August 2012

This is the first time I've visited this location and it was completely booked except for a double room with a boardroom instead of the usual suite. I was not pleased with this set up as when I made the reservation, I was told that there was a conference table in the suite but did not take up much room. I thought I was going to have the sofa/TV combo, but it was a large boardroom that could not be used as it had a big conference table in the room and no sitting area. I spoke to the manager about it and he accommodated me by giving a reduced price and also free internet. The Happy Hour was OK, snacks provided were popcorn and nachos with cheese. I've been to other Embassy Suites that offered Taco Bar and other type snacks. Breakfast was excellent! Everything from special ordered omelets to include bacon, sausage, ham and other continental foods (danish, bagels, cereal, yogurt, fruits). The location was walking distance to Antique Market (Sunday). Downtown San Rafael is a few exits away. All in all, a nice visit.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Marin Suites Hotel
Marin Suites Hotel
#2 of 3 in Corte Madera
Courtyard San Francisco Larkspur Landing/Marin County

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel San Rafael - Marin County / Conference Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel San Rafael - Marin County / Conference Center

Property: Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel San Rafael - Marin County / Conference Center
Address: 101 McInnis Pkwy, San Rafael, CA 94903-2773
Region: United States > California > Marin County > San Rafael
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Restaurant Room Service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in San Rafael
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £££
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel San Rafael - Marin County / Conference Center 3.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel San Rafael - Marin County / Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Embassy Suites Hotel San Rafael - Marin County / San Rafael