Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel San Rafael - Marin County / Conference Center
GreenLeadersSilver level
Rancho Cucamonga
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

We recently stayed at Embassy Suites. Pros- the hotel was reasonably priced, the room had three beds, it was clean, they had nice bath products (Crabtree and Evelyn) you get free breakfast with the room (buffet style/omelet bar) staff is friendly, 30 minute drive to San Francisco
Cons- the sofa bed was really uncomfortable :(

Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Hulagirl926
mjdrios, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel San Rafael - Marin County / Conference Center, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share such positive feedback on your recent stay at our hotel. Please be assured that I will share your overall service experience with our team. We hope you will give us the opportunity to be of service the next time you are in our area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
Reviewed 11 February 2014

If you're driving to San Francisco and can work the 30min drive into your schedule then I highly recommend staying here. We found it impossible to find a hotel in San Fran above 2 stars that included free parking and breakfast, in most cases parking alone was between $50 and $60 per day. This hotel is excellent value including a made to order hot breakfast & buffet, managers reception every evening including snacks and two beverages per guest (alcoholic or virgin) & free parking. It is also one of the few hotels with an indoor pool which is always a must for our kids.

Though a little in need of a makeover, the hotel is clean, comfortable and has a pleasant ambiance with the sounds of the waterfall in the open area. My kids also loved the big fish that they were able to feed upon getting fish food from the front desk.

We would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: We appreciated the suites as we had the kids sleep on the sofa-bed and we had a room to ourselves...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your positive comments concerning your recent stay at our hotel and we're pleased to learn that your experience met your expectations. We hope you will give us the opportunity to be of service the next time you are in our area.
Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

I have expectations on an Embassy--room, lobby, breakfast. This one met expectations but didn't exceed so hence the 4 not 5. Room was clean, normal Embassy room, everything worked, no problems. Breakfast seemed average for Embassy, but nothing special. No compliants, we'd stay here again.

This one is like a double sized Embassy...with two square sections on interior lobby. 5th floor is all for Rewards members, but our room here was similar to all other Embassy's I've stayed at.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank vgroten
mjdrios, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel San Rafael - Marin County / Conference Center, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Thank you for your canidid feed back concerning your recent stay at the ES. We’re happy to learn that you had a satisfying experience and will certainly take your suggestions concerning the breakfast selections into consideration.

We sincerely appreciate your patronage.
Basking Ridge, NJ
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Embassy Suites offers a fine experience. It has quiet ,well appointed suites, a reception in the evenings and a fine breakfast. We chose the location since we arrived at SFO on an evening flight and wanted to be in Sonoma the next morning and the San Rafael location gave us a good head start with no rush hour hassles

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for your positive comments concerning your recent stay at our hotel. Please be assured that I will share your overall service experience with our team.
Dorado, Puerto Rico
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Embassy Suites provides a consistent level of service and amenities that should give most travelers and comfortable feeling that they know what they're going to get. This Marin County facility is no exception so let me list the things that I like: 1. You drive up and either check in with your luggage and then park your car or the reverse. You can decide. While they do not have free parking, as a HHonors member, they have always waved the fee. 2. HHonors members can get a high-level (5th floor, I believe) room (suite) which is quiet. 3. My coffee machine in my room sometimes doesn't work, but the breakfast area is open and I can always pick up one there and go back to my room. 4. Internet access is free (Gold Level HHonors) and good quality. 5. The pool and spa are open long hours and are usually not crowded at all. 6. The breakfasts are good and are usually free (Gold Level). 7. I rarely get back for the "Happy Hour", but wind up paying for my drinks because they are not brands that are part of the free offerings. 8. Check out is easy and you're on your way. 9. I've stayed there many times and will again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Your detailed feedback of the Embassy Suites San Rafael is greatly appreciated. We will certainly take your suggestions into consideration and pleased to learn that you had a satisfying experience with us.
Dorado, Puerto Rico
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Embassy Suites provides a consistent level of service and amenities that should give most travelers and comfortable feeling that they know what they're going to get. This Marin County facility is no exception so let me list the things that I like: 1. You drive up and either check in with your luggage and then park your car or the reverse. You can decide. 2. HHonors members can get a high-level (5th floor, I believe) room (suite) which is quiet. 3. My coffee machine in my room sometimes doesn't work, but the breakfast area is open and I can always pick up one there and go back to my room. 4. Internet access is free and good quality. 5. The pool and spa are open long hours and are usually not crowded at all. 6. The breakfasts are good and are usually free (Gold Level). 7. I rarely get back for the "Happy Hour", but wind up paying for my drinks because they are not brands that are part of the free offerings. 8. Check out is easy and you're on your way. 9. It is reasonably priced. 10. I know how to get to the hotel from anywhere in the Bay Area.

Room Tip: HHonors floor
Green Features: Towels can be reused if desired. This is standard practice at all Hilton Hotels.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business

La Crescenta, United States
Reviewed 28 January 2014

I had a very nice stay at the excellent Embassy Suites Hotel in San Rafael, CA. The service was excellent. The Hotel was very well kept. The location of the Hotel was excellent for the project that I was there for. I would be very happy to stay there again and would recommend this location to friends and colleagues.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Your positive & detailed feedback of the ES San Rafael is greatly appreciated. We’re happy to learn that you had a satisfying experience with us and that the staff members you encountered provided you exceptional service.
Also consider these accommodations in or near San Rafael
Best Western Plus Corte Madera Inn
Acqua Hotel Mill Valley
Acqua Hotel Mill Valley
#1 of 5 in Mill Valley

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel San Rafael - Marin County / Conference Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel San Rafael - Marin County / Conference Center

Property: Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel San Rafael - Marin County / Conference Center
Address: 101 McInnis Pkwy, San Rafael, CA 94903-2773
Region: United States > California > Marin County > San Rafael
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in San Rafael
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): ££
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel San Rafael - Marin County / Conference Center 3.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hilton Hotels Direct, Priceline, Booking.com, Agoda, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel San Rafael - Marin County / Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Embassy Suites Hotel San Rafael - Marin County / San Rafael