Four Points by Sheraton San Rafael
Marin Lodge(San Rafael)(Great Value!)
US$133
US$176
US$204
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
US$141
US$123
Motel 6 San Rafael(San Rafael)
US$114
US$102
Motel 6
US$94
US$223
Courtyard
Marin Suites Hotel(Corte Madera)
US$175
US$198
US$186
Panama Hotel(San Rafael)
All reviewsbreakfast buffetnorthgate mallfree bottled waterwine countrymarin countyflat screen tvnorth of san franciscowater pressureconvenient locationpool and hot tubthe golden gate bridgeglass of winemuir woodslarkspur ferryfreewaypropertiessfo
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Spent 10 minutes on phone making sure that reservation would include fridge needed for meds. Front desk had no record of our request, they finally found a room with fridge. Upon entering room, there was no fridge.

Eventually they found fridge. Carpet in room was paper thin and bunched up in middle of room. Unknown to us, Built in electrical outlets in desk we're not operating. We were unable to charge electronics. Bed was very comfortable. TV AND TV SERVICE WERE EXCELLENT. Bathroom and shower were tiny. Bathroom sink was built for midgets.

Housekeeping never made up our room. We did not have a do not disturb sign on our door.

This hotel needs to be refreshed.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 December 2013

I'm finishing up a stay here with my family. This is my 4th time at the hotel. This time we had a death in the family and we had people coming in from multiple cities for the week. Obviously a difficult week and not the normal Thanksgiving. I was comfortable booking the family here after previous good experiences.

I stay 100+ nights a year in Starwood hotels and have stayed in all levels of properties. I have to say this property is by far the best Four Points I've visited and is up there with most of the standard Shearton's. The property is quite nice and they really have decorated it nicely for the holidays.

What puts it over the top is the service. This staff is fantastic. Every single person we have encountered from the front desk to housekeeping to the restaurant have been incredibly friendly, helpful and generous. The service is as good as when we've stayed at the Westins, W's and St. Regis. The GM of this hotel and the managers have done a fantastic job training their staff and the staff itself is just full of genuinely great people who take great pride in their work.

It was a difficult week and we are truly thankful for the way these great folks have treated us.

In terms of value, given the typically reasonable rates at this location, you would be hard pressed to find a better value in the Starwood family.

Room Tip: 4th Floor facing the pool is great!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 November 2013

San Francisco was booked solid unless we wanted to pay $500 a night! Where to go? Four Points by Sheraton San Rafael was our optimum choice at this point. Our drive out of the City was easy, as was the journey back the next morning. Plenty of free parking space, excellent check in experience, breakfast included, amazing service at breakfast. So why an average score? The hotel does feel like it is an older property which has been renovated (some hotels manage to pull off the renovation and the hotel feels new and exciting!). Personal opinion (the whole review is really!!) but I struggled with the blue wall in the bedroom! Bed was comfortable, slept well, left happy! Excellent value, and a great place to stop if San Francisco is completely booked!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Abbe L
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I used to hate staying at Sheratons, but they're getting better. The staff at this location were terrific ... warm and friendly when we arrived, patient with our on-site meeting requests, accommodating at every turn. The sleeping room was nicely appointed, as were the public areas, and the location was good. These are all improvements over many of my earlier experiences.

I would've given this place 5 stars if they'd slid the receipt under the door in the early a.m. [rather than my discovering 3 days later that I didn't have one, then having to look up the hotel number, call the front desk to request one, then print it out to submit with my expense account] and if they'd told me when I requested a late check-out that I needed to get my room key re-programmed after 11 a.m. I went to the room at 11:30 with a 20-minute turnaround time, and couldn't get in. But in the big scheme of things, this was a good stay...much, much better than my average Sheraton Four Points experiences.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 November 2013

This hotel is a tad confusing to find but well worth the effort. The staff is beyond welcoming and extremely helpful. Our room was comfortable, quiet, and perfect for us. We will definitely stay here again! As an aside, it has the best in room coffee I've ever had - for me, this is a huge perk!

Room Tip: I don't think there is a bad room in this hotel!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple