“Stay here.....Your in good hands”

Four Points by Sheraton San Rafael
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in San Rafael
Victoria, Canada
“Stay here.....Your in good hands”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

We will return and it's because of the efforts of the staff, in particular Rachel. We phoned ahead while still on the highway. We asked for a high floor in a quiet area. Rachel then put us through to the reservation system and said she would be on the look out for our booking. She certainly was....
Upon arrival she welcomed us and quickly gave us room options for us to stay and what views we would have. She had us in a nice section on the top floor and we slept like babies...
We used the pool and it was paradise. Just like bath water and hard to get out of. The amenities in the room were good but they should consider and upgrade soon.
The only bummer of our stay was the buffet in the morning. Unfortunately we should have chosen the menu instead. The buffet was out of eggs, fruit, and french toast. These eventually came out but not at the same time so we ate our breakfast in stages and it really wasn't that good. I'd suggest ordering from the menu as this buffet was certainly not the best. As expected for a buffet though I guess...
The hotel however...book it. You won't be disappointed.
Thanks Rachel
p.s. If the boss is reading, can you please order some business cards for Rachel. When I requested one I was provided with yours. Lots of other folks had cards there except for the person who delivered on your promise. Thanks

Room Tip: The usual, upper floor away from the elevators and ice machine.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Rob P, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton San Rafael, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Thank you for your kind words. We really appreciate feedback from our guests especially when one of our team members is recognized for doing a good job. Your comments are reviewed with our team for future training and development. We appreciate you and all of our guests.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 4 May 2014

First the good - clean room, clean bathroom, comfortable bed. Now the bad - TV didn't work. A charge was placed on my credit card that staff couldn't account for. I was told to come back down in the morning and I would have an answer. When I did, the manager told me, "Oh, I forgot. You were suppose to call me to remind me." So, silly me for not wanting to bother her before she came in to work. (sarcasm for those who don't get it). I still haven't gotten the answer to the charge placed on my card. I get in the shower and reach for a wash cloth only to find housekeeping had not given me any, although, for some reason I had ample body towels. Now the really bad. On my last day at the hotel I come in from a day out in the city to find my hotel room door open. Apparently housekeeping hadn't bothered to shut the door after leaving. I could have been robbed or worse yet, someone could've slipped into my room, shut the door back and laid in wait. Thank God that wasn't the case. The manager offered me a coupon for a free stay. I told her I would be checking out at 4 am. She assured me the coupon would be waiting at the front desk. Well, guess what? Not to my surprise there was no coupon. The front desk clerk asked for my address to mail it, again, not to my surprise, three weeks later and still nothing from the hotel. I don't think the staff means to be inept. It's just that they are bumbling. Stay here if you want to be scratch paper used for practice for people learning the hospitality trade.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank A D
Thank you for your review. I am sorry your experience was less than superb. You did visit during some seasonal training periods as we had a new staff join us at the same time. We are proud to say that everyone is doing very well and we would like to see you again in the future to provide the best service possible. Please consider us in the future.
Dearborn Heights, Mi
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

Friendly staff tried to make things right but, the first room they gave me was actually occupied. So, they gave me the key to someone else's room which opened the door. I was surprised to see someone in the room and left. The second room, the keys didn't work making me take yet another trip to the front desk. Finally the room I received smelled old and stale. I was not impressed. The location was difficult to get to and from and this was the only hotel with limited or no signs on its exterior. Almost as if they were trying to hide the name.i noticed the parking lot sign only.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank sfromd
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with valuable feedback regarding your experiences. I do want to apologize for the errors in room assignments and keys. We have done extensive training for all of our guest service agents. We have also purchased a new key encoder to ensure keys work properly without having to return to the front desk. Our landscaper was out recently to trim all of our trees that may have been obstructing our signage facing in all directions. Thank you for the comments and we hope you visit again.

Travellers are raving about these San Rafael hotels

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 26 April 2014

I stayed for five nights at this hotel, and although a simple hotel, the Front Desk staff have been some of the best that I have come across yet (and our family travels a lot!). There seemed to be a few people in training at that time, but Leena and Emy were the ones that really stood out. They were not only friendly and attentive, but helpful and remembered me by name each time I was in the lobby area. They truly made my stay pleasurable and the reason to stay here again when I find myself in the area.
On another note, for someone that always takes advantage of the gym/fitness facilities, this one was very disappointing. It is small, which is ok, but very unclean. There were no fresh towels the two times I visited, and the gym mats were dirty and really worn out. I ended up seeking out some local trails in the Terra Linda area (and there are many!) and hitting up the outdoors instead.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Rob P, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton San Rafael, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Thank you for staying with us almost a week. We completely agree with you assessment of the Fitness Center. I am happy to report that the Fitness Center will be the first stage of our multi-million dollar renovation. The new Fitness Center should be available to our guests in mid to late June.
Downey, California
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I have had the opportunity to stay at the Four Points By Sheraton San Rafael, on two occasions. Both occasion I was greeted by a customer representative wish made my decision of staying the second time at the Four Points By Sheraton San Rafael, The representatives name was Leena. Professionally she remembered my last stay. Welcomed myself and wife with the up most customer service. Made absolutely sure all our questions and needs were met with no questions unanswered or left doubt of our stay. We have a business and we drive extensively to various locations in the state of California to include the state of Oregon and Washington. It has been a forth for our organization to train and maintain such employees or individual contractors with such mannerism, expertise. Kudos, to the Four Points By Sheraton San Rafael, for having such a person to serve our needs in a instance notice with little to no concern. Believe us. We are demanding.

Room Tip: Be kind, very kind. After all they are people too. Do not be self centered and selfish like other cu...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Nikki_Por, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton San Rafael, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay and our service. We will pass along your kudos! Safe travels on your long drives!
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 25 April 2014

This hotel was probably one of the best hotels I've ever stayed at. It was affordable, really nice, clean, restuarant attached, public bathrooms, pool, really helpful staff... overall, very nice. For what we wanted to do (San Fran/Napa), it was in a great location, and wasn't really too far from either location. I'll stay here again when I come back.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for your kind words. Our team has a passion for hospitality and we are committed to excellence. We all look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Washington
Reviewed 24 April 2014

We stayed here for a couple of nights during our 10 year anniversary trip in the area. When I mentioned to the front desk it was our anniversary he gave us the choice of 2 rooms that are away from the road noise...I let him pick since they both looked similar on the map. Wow...if that's what I get for my anniversary then I'm not sure what to think. All the furniture is quite worn and the heater unit looked like it was falling apart with some foam stuff sticking out of it. There were no washcloths in the room, and the shower head was so awkward....it was way up high and it was so full of scum it was disgusting. At least the bed linens were clean and you get free bottled waters. I wouldn't choose to stay here again unless I knew it was only to be there briefly. The pool area is quite lovely and has a nice outdoor fireplace. They are advertising the lobby being updated soon but I think they would do better updating the rooms, because the lobby is actually not bad.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for providing us with feedback regarding your stay. We are working very hard to improve the housekeeping inside our hotel. We have brought in a veteran Rooms Director and she has made an immediate impact. It is our goal to always provide the cleanest most comfortable rooms. We have just installed all new A/C units in each room.
Also consider these accommodations in or near San Rafael
Best Western Corte Madera Inn
Best Western Corte Madera Inn
#1 of 3 in Corte Madera
Courtyard San Francisco Larkspur Landing/Marin County

Been to Four Points by Sheraton San Rafael? Share your experiences!