Four Points by Sheraton San Rafael
Marin Lodge(San Rafael)
Panama Hotel(San Rafael)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
Motel 6 San Rafael(San Rafael)
View Hotel
All reviewsbreakfast buffetnorthgate mallfree bottled waterwine countrymarin countyflat screen tvnorth of san franciscowater pressureconvenient locationpool and hot tubthe golden gate bridgeglass of winemuir woodslarkspur ferryfreewaypropertiessfo
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We stayed here one night on a business trip. We have mixed feelings on this property. I'm sure that I expected more because of the name. They were very nice at the front desk upon arrival and let us check in early. We appreciated that as we had a 12 hour workday ahead of us. The room was clean and spacious. The bed was good and the bedding was comfortable. When we came back after working all day there was no soap, shampoo, or conditioner. I did not feel like waiting to get some or chase some down so luckily I had some packed. We went to have breakfast the next morning and they have a buffet or you can order off the menu. We noticed people getting plates full of food and to go boxes. So we had ordered off the menu after finally getting someone to take our order. We had to wait and almost not get to eat as it took so long to get our food. I assume it is because they kept replacing the food on the buffet. Overall, we were very disappointed in our stay here and will not be back.

Room Tip: This hotel is close to the freeway. Rooms on the inside are very quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Rob P, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton San Rafael, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Thank you taking the time to share your experiences. We are sorry to hear about the housekeeping replenishment and restaurant service. We have identified the associates involved and have used this information to do some extensive service training for all departments. If you return to the area consider giving us another try as we are always improving our service and our product.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Stayed for about ten days. Trip kept getting extended beyond my original four days.

Front desk staff very friendly and very helpful. They had to move my room as I had to extend the stay and did their best to accommodate. Had constant room service and food was good. One thing though tip is automatically added to bill which is fine but each and every person pointed out when I signed the receipt that their is a tip line, I always add a bit more but please don't put me on the spot. Ended up just picking food up from restaurant after a certain point. Hotel is clean, people friendly and location is great. My room was in a tower that had work being done so no elevator but staff told me so you can't expect any more than that, work needs to be done. Of all the hotels I stay when I come to visit this seems to be the best for the best price.

My only complaint is I left a $40 water bottle on the dresser when I left and called three times to see if it was handed in leaving a detailed description and contact information. Each time the front desk transferred me to someone where I left my message to never hear back. Sort of ruins a good stay when you feel like they got your money band your gone so why bother with service standards

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for your kind words following your stay with your family. We like to think of our property as a resort in Marin County. The location is ideal. I am sorry to hear about the sports bottle being lost. We will contact you directly to replace the item for you right away.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Stayed here for four nights while attending a conference. Right on the 101 freeway and comfortable enough. Room was clean and looked to be in good shape. Did find that one of the dresser drawers wouldn't stay closed. Not sure if it was because the floor was sloping slightly or what, reaching to call that a complaint though. Had a small snafu one day where housekeeping didn't show up but they provided towel replacement and we were able to manage the slight inconvenience. Front desk staff is friendly as are all hotel personnel we encountered. It's not the Four Seasons, but generally a comfortable bed in this pleasant bay area community.

NOTE: Hotel does offer 250 points/day if you opt NOT to have housekeeping tend your room. Just leave a little card on the door (or on the bed). Also, upon check-in you may spin a wheel at the check-in counter for bonus SPG points - up to 500 I think. A nice little perk.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Rob P, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton San Rafael, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to describe your recent stay. We always enjoy having conference attendees stay with us on business or pleasure. We do have a GREEN program available if the guest chooses points over housekeeping refresh. We are all doing our best to conserve resources. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Ronesh Sharma at checkin made us feel special from the moment we walked in the door.
Everybody was very friendly & accommodating. Nice, clean, larger than usual room.
Refrigerator was not working when we walked in but was fixed within 10 min after reporting it. Very comfortable & attractive pool area.
We'll be back.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Rob P, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton San Rafael, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Thank you very much for the complimentary review. Your feedback will be shared with all of our front desk team and Ronesh will be recognized for a job well done. It will be our pleasure to serve you anytime in the future.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

We wound up staying here for two nights unexpectedly, and it was just what we were looking for. The hotel was quiet and clean, the beds were comfortable, and the food was decent. We didn't make use of the pool, unfortunately.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for joining us even though your visit was quick. We hope that your memories were pleasant and you will remember to come see us again if you visit the Marin area again. Hopefully next time you will have time to enjoy the pool and our comfy new furniture.